Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFeeding Fry
coltsfan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 75
Votes: 6
male usa
About 3 days ago I rescued 2 platy fry and placed them in the breeder tank. I have been feeding them crushed up flakes and micro wafers and they seem to be eating it. My question is, is this ok to feed them? The flakes are tetramin and the micro wafers are by hikari. I know there is special food for fry on the market but if this is ok then I would like to keep feeding this. I have never attempted to raise fry before, so I am pretty excited!

Justin

Colts Fan For Life
30g platy tank: 2 sunburst wag platys, 2 redtailed white calico platys, 2 red wag platys, 1 fry(not sure who it belongs to), 1 Golden CAE.
Bettas:1 VT male
Post InfoPosted 08-Mar-2008 07:45Profile PM Edit Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
As long as it is finely crushed it will be fine. I have some livebearer food that I just grind up to powder and feed it to them. it works great. I mix the food up with Hikari first bites as well, and when they get a little bigger I feed live Brine shrimp.

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2008 00:55Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
that will be fine... make sure them is some plant matter in the tank with them as they will feed on the daphnia and infusiora that feeds on the plant(s)...

i kept a platy fry in an empty ten gallon with some plant matter, and the odd flake once a week or so... now she is a healthy young squirt, and is nearly sexually mature... the only of my fry to ever survive...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2008 02:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies