Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFrom Fry to Adult
coltsfan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 75
Votes: 6
male usa
Does anyone know the length of time it takes a newborn platy fry to reach adulthood? I was wondering because I saved one last week that was trapped in my filter. I placed him/her in a breeder tank and am trying to see if I can successfully raise it to adulthood. I have been feeding it crushed up flakes and wafers and it seems to be eating well. Any info on raising fry or length of time would be greatly appreciated. I know I could just google "fry care" and get lots of info, but I wanted to see what you all think.

Justin

Colts Fan For Life
30g platy tank: 2 sunburst wag platys, 2 redtailed white calico platys, 2 red wag platys, 1 fry(not sure who it belongs to), 1 Golden CAE.
Bettas:1 VT male
Post InfoPosted 25-May-2008 01:17Profile PM Edit Report 
amilner
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 654
Votes: 0
male uk
It should take only a few months to reach full size. Although if kept in a small enclosure, such as the trap, then it will slow the growth-rate considerably
Post InfoPosted 02-Jun-2008 20:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
Get some frozen BBS and offer that, t speeds up there developement quite a bit.
Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2008 11:16Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
EditedEdited by FishKeeperJim
I have several platys myself up to 3rd Generation. It usually takes about 6 months for them to reach full adult size. Also if you can hatch Brine shrimpthey will eat them up, and it will be a great boost to them, (the adults also like them as well.)

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2008 22:12Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies