SubscribeFry size - molly vs guppy
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
Just a quick question... I've had guppy fry before and I'm just wondering how molly fry compare, size-wise. As in, are molly fry the same size as guppies? Twice the size? Somewhere in between?

I just had a molly fry pop up in my tank and have no idea when it was dropped. (Yes, just one. Maybe it was her first drop or the other fish were practicing population control.) I'm just wondering if I could guesstimate how old it is by size, but I've never kept mollies before.

If this fry were a guppy, I'd guess about three weeks old, if that helps.

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2009 07:18Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
A little bit bigger at birth (depends on parent/spawn size/etc), and they put out a similar growth spurt in that first few weeks.

Probably fairly recent if it is 3 week old guppy size, maybe a week or less old?

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2009 10:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies