L# Mollies
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMollies
deric.mathew
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 1
I want to know how long does it take a molly fry to become mature.
Post InfoPosted 21-Feb-2008 21:47Profile PM Edit Report 
dvd_wightman
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
male usa
Generally 2-3 months.

Tanks:
10 Gallon-2 Platies
Post InfoPosted 25-Feb-2008 07:37Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
deric.mathew
-----
Small Fry
thanks for your reply

Well now three of my mollies are pregnant. Can anyone please help me what to do now?
Post InfoPosted 25-Feb-2008 11:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
If it were me, i'd be weeping uncontrolably.
However if you actually want the mollies to survive, you should probably ensure they are in a densley planted tank. Alternativley, you can use one of the ready-made-off-the-shelf breeding trap type things that sit on the top of your tank that are specifically aimed at livebearers.
Post InfoPosted 25-Feb-2008 20:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
deric.mathew
-----
Small Fry
Well I want to know how much time does a molly fry need to swin after they are born.
Also I want to know that from when I must feed them and also what to feed the fry
Post InfoPosted 26-Feb-2008 18:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
what you need to feed the fry is totaly based upon what your tank is lke.

if it is heavily planted the first few weeks they will feed on infusiora arround the plants. and if it is not heavily planted might i suggest you go buy s breeder trap or some "baby keeper" plastic plants.

you can take the babies and put them in a small tank, jar or tupperware with an air stone, you can feed them any combination of the following: finely crushed flake, liquid fry food (LIQUIFRY), baby brine shrimp, green water, daphnia, infusiora, and other specific live fry foods (see aquabid.com for live cultures for less $$). just make sure you mix it up so they get good and healthy. depending upon the amount of fry that survive, you will eventually need like a tengallon plus outgrow tank. you probably wont wan to keep that many mollies and so you can sell them to a LFS, friends, or neighbors.

just remember, to ensure fry safety, make sure there are no other fish in the tank. once you can accomplish multiple batches of fry, you can accomplish to bring in a bit of income to purchase more stuf for the fry, and your other tank(s)...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 27-Feb-2008 03:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies