Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNew Fry ! ! !
JIsabelle218
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
Votes: 4
male usa
Well I just got home from work. . . and what do you know, I found one little platty fry swimming around in the breeder net i had. . . So I watched it swim for a little bit, then went downstairs for about ten minutes to check the mail. Came backs upstairs and bam their are like five now swimming and hiding in the net's corners and plants from momma. . .

Gonna give her a half hour under close watch to see if any more pop out before i move her. . .

But Yeah, I'm so excited ! ! !
Post InfoPosted 26-May-2006 01:07Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
carpe_diem
----------
Fish Addict
*Dreamer*
Kudos: 292
Votes: 51
female australia
congratulations!!

its always exciting when you finally see fry swimming around!!

goodluck!!! /:'

Truth doesn't always win friends but it influences them
Post InfoPosted 26-May-2006 01:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Theresa_M

---------------
---------------
-----
Queen of Zoom
Kudos: 4280
Votes: 790
female usa us-maryland
Congrats, discovering fry is very exciting

There are a couple of things to think about regarding the breeder net. First is that the longer you leave her in there the more opportunity she had to eat the fry. But being in the net gives her a chance to rest after giving birth. Are there plants or hiding places in your main tank where she could go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Post InfoPosted 26-May-2006 01:49Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
JIsabelle218
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
Votes: 4
male usa
okay update, I think the count is 5 or 6. Mom is out and back in the main tank for fear of the little niemo's being a protien shake. . . Yes the tank is well planted with artificial plants and many hiding spots. . the net also has some artificial plants in it so the fry have a place to call home for the coming months. . .

Man i'd really like to plant the tank but i fear that must wait until the fry get a little older. What so thoughts, maybe i can slowly introduce some living plants into the tank over the next few weeks?

Regardless the fry will remain in the net until they are big enough to not be dinner !
Post InfoPosted 26-May-2006 02:11Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies