SubscribePossibly pregnant guppy
Sable
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 1
female usa
Hello!

5 days ago I got (yet another) trio of guppies. One of the girls looks like she may be pre-hit. I'm not so sure, though. She's certainly a lot bigger than her sister and her gravid spot is better, but she's half-snakeskin (yeah, I decided not to have another fancy trio - too much work) and I'm not sure if it's just her coloration.

Is anyone aware whether snakeskin guppies tend to have dark gravid spots, even when they're not pregnant? I just want to know as far in advance as possible.

Thanks!

I know it aches, and your heart it breaks
You can only take so much
-Walk On, U2
Post InfoPosted 05-Nov-2006 04:50Profile PM Edit Report 
Corydoran
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 370
Votes: 1217
male usa
The color of gravid spots are generally uniform across types (though possibly different between individuals), unless you are looking at an actual spot of color rather than a gravid spot.

If this female that you are referring to looks mature, then she is likely pregnant.
Most adult guppies from LFSs are "pre-hit," as you put it.
Post InfoPosted 05-Nov-2006 20:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Sable
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 1
female usa
Pre-hit seems the most kid-friendly term to me, even though it sounds gross. Sorry.

Yeah, it looks like all the other gravid spots I've seen... Thanks for your help!

I know it aches, and your heart it breaks
You can only take so much
-Walk On, U2
Post InfoPosted 05-Nov-2006 21:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies