L# Preg Swordtail
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePreg Swordtail
icemn131
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
my swordtail looks like shes going to burst how will i know when the babies are definitly coming out?
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2007 01:29Profile PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
they will often swim barely and at the top. Not moving much and then u should see her acting alot different. then you should once and awhile see her wiggling.
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2007 03:25Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
coltsfan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 75
Votes: 6
male usa
Not that this has anything to do with pregnant swordtails, but I haven't seen many people talk about them on this message board. Have any of you had bad experiences with them? I think when it comes time that this will be the next fish I add to the tank. I just find them interesting!

Justin

Colts Fan For Life
30g platy tank: 2 sunburst wag platys, 2 redtailed white calico platys, 2 red wag platys, 1 fry(not sure who it belongs to), 1 Golden CAE.
Bettas:1 VT male
Post InfoPosted 14-Aug-2007 19:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
After a gravid spot appears her belly will square up and you should have a day or maybe two. Right before she will stop eating almost completely. Most people have good success in the morning but I have only had success at night before sundown but that is probably coincidence. If you try a move to a breeding net or tank she may abort from stress. If she does not remove her immedialty from the net/tank. She will be exhausted and tired so if you male is a jerk try a QT tank for the morning/night. If your tank is heavily planted you might just be able to leave them and let the fry survive on their own this also has to do of course with you tank mates and number of fry hiding spots. This method will however leave you with a high mortality rate were as seperating will give you a high rate. Good Luck

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 14-Aug-2007 21:34Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies