Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeThe most amazing Guppies
stealth114
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 24
Votes: 1
male trinidad-tobago
O everyone.. I just got my tanks set up.. One is a 20 gallon guppy farm. You guys need to check out these amazing guppies.. In the light, they look really iridescent. I got 4 rainbow colour guppies, 3 jaguar striped, 3 black/purple guppies and also 3 more iridescent blue types..

Got a really big fern in the middle and it looks so natural and really homely for the critters..

Hope to take some pics and share..

N.

Hobbyists
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2008 00:24Profile PM Edit Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
cool stealth! cant wait to see pics. never really liked guppues but i do like how they look!

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2008 00:40Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
if you are wanting them to breed then you need to get some females as most females lack the luster that males have...

if you dont want them to breed ten great find as some colorful guppies that are well marked and etc can be added up to a big sum... if you want to breed and sell think about a small fry tank and getting some females from the same fry batches that your males came in (for more profitable fry that is)...

if not you could just throw a couple random females in and let them go to town

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2008 03:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
That sounds like a great collection of guppies there stealth! You must have a great fish store to find such special guppies. I'm sure it will be hard to get pics to capture their beauty..... but you can try & see how they come out.
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2008 06:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
stealth114
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 24
Votes: 1
male trinidad-tobago
Thanks... There are 2 females in the crowd and I suspect one is pregnant... 90% of the guppies sold are males with a few females in between... Some dealers only sell their males at times... The local Trinidad guppies as they are called are generally pale with no colouration and sell very cheaply.. But then there is another '7 colour' which is my favorite. It naturally has double ged tail fin and really nice... I got them very reasonably priced too..

Hobbyists
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2008 06:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies