SubscribeWhat platy is this?
ImRandy85
---------------
Enthusiast
Bleeding Blue
Kudos: 137
Votes: 75
male usa
I just got 4 platies and I can't remember what 2 of them are called. I know I got 2 blue coral and 2 others. These are all orange with tiny black spots (about the size of a dalmation molly's spots but different formation on the body). The spots start near the topfin and continue towards the back of the fish. Near the tail the spots turn into solid black. Whats the name of this kind of platy?
Post InfoPosted 22-Dec-2006 21:33Profile PM Edit Report 
Two Tanks
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 328
Votes: 13
female usa
There are so many variations of coloration in platies, that it would be hard to say without a picture.
Some popular colorations are:
Orange sunset
red wag
blue coral
micky mouse (different colorations on these too, but all with have a distinctive micky mouse shape near the tail)
varitus platy
tuxedo
gold commet
I think the ones you have are simply called, spotted platies.
There are a lot of variations, but they are all compatable with one another and will produce off spring.
Post InfoPosted 29-Dec-2006 06:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
addictedtofish
-----
Banned
Votes: 0
male
tough to tell.. platies breed so much with any kind of platy, could be a mixture, maybe not? who knows, it would be easier to tell with a picture
Post InfoPosted 30-Dec-2006 04:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies