AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Livebearers Lane
  L# fish hybrid? urgently need help!
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribefish hybrid? urgently need help!
1st_signer

Hobbyist
Kudos: 49
Votes: 1
male usa us-california
EditedEdited 03-Oct-2009 20:06
my mollies minor nudging and pursue of the paltys has turned to following her and trying to put his gonopodium in her its not just one mollie doing it to 1 platy its both mollies doing it to both platys so i wanna know if its ok to let them breed or if i should try to stop them or what should i do? thanks

>>>>>>a learning experience as an aquarist can be fun but you must be ready to take and obey advice and criticism but most of all be patient<<<<<<<
Post InfoPosted 03-Oct-2009 05:27Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
My opinion is that there is little chance of the successful hybridization. If the chances of success are larger than I think, the best way to stop them is to separate the fish.

There's nothing inherently dangerous in allowing hybridization occur. For some fish species, hybrids are overtaking the market because of how rare the parent species tend to be in comparison, but this is not a problem with platies and mollies.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 04-Oct-2009 04:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
1st_signer

Hobbyist
Kudos: 49
Votes: 1
male usa us-california
thanks i needed some peace of mind i think ill let them and see what happens thanks

>>>>>>a learning experience as an aquarist can be fun but you must be ready to take and obey advice and criticism but most of all be patient<<<<<<<
Post InfoPosted 04-Oct-2009 04:46Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
SGwinn96
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 0
[url]https://www.fenbenlab.com/product/fenbendazole-capsules-222mg/[/url]

<a href="https://www.fenbenlab.com/product/fenbendazole-capsules-222mg/">buy fenbendazole capsules</a>
Post InfoPosted 11-Apr-2022 16:16Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies