Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeLive Rock
123mjb
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 226
Votes: 13
male usa
I'm buying about 20lbs. oflive rock for my currently empty 16-Gal. This is some live rock (from liverocknreef.com) that looked inexpensive and close to the sizes of rock that I need:http://www.liverocknreef.com/store.php?crn=66&rn=311&action=show_detail What dou you think?
Also, can anyone tell me the difference between Carribbean and Fiji live rock, as well as the difference between organisms usually found on the rocks?
Thanks!

Last edited by 123mjb at 15-Nov-2005 05:48
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile PM Edit Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
For the rock in your link, it is hard to say. I don't see any estimated sizes or actual measurements for that rock, so I don't know how well it will fit. Your tank probably isn't very wide or long, so you may need to actually break the rock up a bit to make it fit. Can you call or e-mail the website first?

The differences between types of live rock are location, quality (how porous the rock is, how many and what kind of organisms are on the rock), and shape. I really can't say what you may find on rock from any specific location, but I do know that brittle stars, snails, polychaete worms, and bristleworms are common in rock from many areas.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
123mjb
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 226
Votes: 13
male usa
For my setup, what would be the best skimmer, a Remora w/ maxijet 1200, a seaclone (venturi-type), or somethong completley different? Thanks
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
IMO go with the Remora......Its more money, but it is a great skimmer. It will also work on a larger tank so if you want to upgrade tank size later down the road you can use it on the new tank
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
reel big mark
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 112
male usa
from looking at the page, i wasnt sure if you realized this, but it looks like you get lots of little peices, because they are refurgium peices, and alot of other sites when they sell rocks for refurgiums, they are lots of small peices. i agree with sirbooks about emailing the site to ask though.

its me sk8freak20...i need to get premie so i can change my name back
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Dafridge
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 113
Votes: 17
male guyana
hey, i emailed the live rock n reef people and a direct quote: "pieces are baseball size and smaller" i am also looking at buying this package.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies