-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 215
Votes: 0
male usa
would you please stock mY 55 gal with fish

I atleast want2 clowns 1 yellow tang and 2 yellow tail damsels
feel free to give any changes u see fit

if i had 1 yellow tang and the rest clowns how many clowns could i have?

thanks in advaNCE

Last edited by LOACHESRCOOL at 05-Dec-2005 23:15

Last edited by LOACHESRCOOL at 05-Dec-2005 23:16
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile PM Edit Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1889
Votes: 229
female usa
A yellow tang will outgrow a 55 gallon tank. They've been seen to exceed lengths of up to 8" before. I would not put that fish in anything smaller than a 75 gallon tank. Just IMO.

And you might want to stay away from yellow tail damsels. With age, like their close relatives of the domino, electric blue, and striped damsel, they'll grow up to be bullies and you'll wish you never put them in your tank to begin with. :%) You might want to consider something that stays a little more peaceful so you have a very easy going community tank. Maybe like blue/green reef chromis or something.

-Formerly known as the Ferretfish
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
LOACHESRCOOL
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
will u atleast give me a stocking list
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
reel big mark
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 112
male usa
Ok, not to say this in a mean way, buy "stock my tank" isnt a very good descripition, theres a lot of differant possibilties and alot depends on how much you want to spend, what kind of setup this will be (FO, FOWLR, reef, ect.)some fish need to be in a fish only tank, some with live rock but wont work with corals, and some can be in a reef tank with coral. Are you planning a reef tank? If so look for reef safe fish that wont eat the corals you spend your money on. Once we know more about what kind of tank that you would like to have we will be able to better help you with some stocking SUGGESTIONS. But we dont know what you like so its hard to give you a list that YOU will enjoy instead of what we would enjoy.
~mark~

its me sk8freak20...i need to get premie so i can change my name back
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
Yes, please give us an idea of what you like, and also what your budget is....I could stock that tank very easily with fish that you most likely wouldnt want to buy because of the price and you would have over $3,000 worth of fish with just 4 fish

[hr width='40%']
As family members wept,
And officers consoled one another,
We realized the magnitude of our loss
As we bury yet another Law Enforcement brother.

Last edited by DarkRealm Overlord at 06-Dec-2005 18:33
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
LOACHESRCOOL
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
its going to be a FO tank orFOWLR havent decided

what would be the easiest way to go?

i was thinking clowns,yellow tang,yellow tail damsels,neon blue goby,royal gramma basslet,maybe an anenonme

these are some of the fih i like

and im only 16 so no off the wall $1000 fish lol

i like good colors and hardy fish

i was origianly going to do a finding nemo tank for my sis but all of those fish wont fit like a regal blue tang

is it possible to have 1 yellow tang 2-3 clowns of a different species yellotail damsels and a few gobys? maybea Wrass? lol i kno i cant keep all of those fish but im like a kid in candy store right now lol

thanks in advance
reel big mark
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 112
male usa
ok, im not sure about all those fish, but didnt you read what ferretfish said, for example for the yellow tang. she said "A yellow tang will outgrow a 55 gallon tank." so thats a no on the yellow tang.
and for the yellow tail damsil she said..."And you might want to stay away from yellow tail damsels. With age, like their close relatives of the domino, electric blue, and striped damsel, they'll grow up to be bullies and you'll wish you never put them in your tank to begin with." so depending on what you stock with that could be a no to. Just remember to read what people say and take that into consideration without just totaly ignoring it because its not what you want to hear. And im not sure, so you have to double check, or someone else heres opinion, but i think i've heard you dont want to keep mutiple speices of clown fish in the same tank due to agression, and i think the same goes for gobys, but once again, someone else should confirm this for me.
Just remember, a SW tank should be stocked lighter than a FW tank because SW holds less oxygen, so remember to do you reaserch, stock lightly, and most of all, HAVE FUN!
~mark~

its me sk8freak20...i need to get premie so i can change my name back
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
LOACHESRCOOL
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
I basically want a mini eco system as long as it has atleast 1 clown.im up for any suggestions.
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1889
Votes: 229
female usa
If the tank has a nice tight lid, I recommend someone from the dartfish family, like one of the firefish.

What's available to you?

Are you willing to order online?

-Formerly known as the Ferretfish
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies