AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Marine Aquaria
 L# Marine Setup
  L# tank size for stocking scheme?????
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribetank size for stocking scheme?????
Pristellapower
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 39
Votes: 0
male usa
I was thinking 1 black and white percula clown,1 true percula clown,1 yellowhead jawfish,and 1 goby.I am undecided on the type of goby.Probably either a yellow watchman goby or a diamond watchman goby.Also a bunch of hermits,snails,a few shrimp,and maybe a star.Would a 55 gallon be ok???
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile PM Edit Report 
123mjb
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 226
Votes: 13
male usa
Sounds awesome! A 55 would be plenty!
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Pristellapower
-----
Fingerling
male usa
that is good because a 55 is all I really wanted.I don't have alot of money and I figured it would be atleast $1000-$1300 just for a 55 with everything.
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
Make sure to get a deep sand bed for your yellowhead jawfish. At LEAST 4 inches for them, they *love* to dig!

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
dvmchrissy
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 301
Votes: 38
female usa us-indiana
Ok, jsut to clarify. Is that 2 or 3 clowns? If that is 3 then you might have a problem. I have heard soem bad things abotu having more than just a pair of clowns. If I am wrong and that is only 2 clowns, then please ignore me . Also Sounds like a pretty tank you should post some pics!

Christina
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Pristellapower
-----
Fingerling
male usa
It would be 2 clowns.I'm still thinking about doing it though.I might just upgrade my 29 gallon freshwater to either a 55 or 75.I am actually afraid that a saltwater tank is going to be too difficult.
dvmchrissy
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 301
Votes: 38
female usa us-indiana
SW is very time consuming compared to FW but I think it will be well worth it for me. I absolutely love SW fish so it would be worth the time and effort for me. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Christina
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
SW really isnt that difficult or time consuming...yes, there are other things that need to be tested for depending on what type of SW tank you want, but its not that bad. Probably the toughest thing about SW is learning the water chemistry as far as what affects what, but its not that bad

[hr width='40%']
As family members wept,
And officers consoled one another,
We realized the magnitude of our loss
As we bury yet another Law Enforcement brother.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:20Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Pristellapower
-----
Fingerling
male usa
Ok after some research I am thinking about dropping the jawfish and the black and white clown.I was told that the B&W clown was a special thing and was not usually in stock.Anyway I am still thinking of doing a 55 as a 75 is way to expensive to setup.So If I do SW I would just buy 2 55 gals and upgrade my FW from 29 to 55 and then use the other to start a sw.I would need substrate(either sand or crushed coral),live rock,a protein skimmer,test kits,a HOB just to help with filteration,powerheads,glass top,salt,and a hydrometer.What else would I need? Do I have to have a sump or refugium? I think both those would start to take a sw tank out of my budget. I know I want a clown and a goby,what else could go in a 55? My fiance loves yellow tail damsels,but would 1 of those get 2 mean in a 55? Maybe a firefish or something.Well anyway thanks for all the help.Please let me know what else would go into a 55 gsllon saltwater setup.
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies