Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAiptasia
seafan
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
female usa
Hello everyone this is my first time here and i have a question about something called aiptasia ....I think one sprouted in my tank and i am looking for the best way to get rid of it as i have heard that they multiply and are a problem if anyone is familiar with this please help me out
Post InfoPosted 27-Jul-2006 21:29Profile PM Edit Report 
tetratech
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 1074
male usa
I'm fairly new to salt but I could tell you there are several ways to deal with them.

1. Most direct way is to use a product call Joes Juice. It comes with an applicator and you need to squirt it right on the aiptasia

2. Copperband Butterfly fish supposely eat them, but I think this is more effective if you have very small ones and your in a position to have the aiptasia be their main source of food.

3. Supposely I believe peppermint shrimp eat them as well.

My Scapes
Post InfoPosted 27-Jul-2006 22:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
There are critters that eat Aiptasia, but the best and most direct methods of elimination involve injecting it with something. You can use a small turkey baster or an aquarium syringe (no needle tip) to shoot the anemone right in the mouth with some kind of chemical. Joe's Juice has recieved good reviews, but many folks just use a highly concentrated limewater. It is very caustic, so be careful not to hit anything else in the area with collateral damage.

And welcome to the boards!

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 28-Jul-2006 03:41Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
seafan
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
female usa
thanks for the response i did use the joe's juice and it wiped it right out ......
Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2006 04:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1889
Votes: 229
female usa
Joe's Juice has always worked for me too, if you do it right. Keep an eye out b/c sometimes if you dont get 'em reallyyyy good, they can make a comeback.

Kalk paste works well too.

-Formerly known as the Ferretfish
Post InfoPosted 09-Aug-2006 03:05Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies