AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Marine Aquaria
 L# Reef Keeping
  L# Finally picked up the new tank!
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFinally picked up the new tank!
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
Just thought I would post some pics of the new tank. I finally went and picked it up...its only been done for a month now.

I think the tank fills up the corner pretty well and will look very nice once I get the stand and canopy done....even though its gonna take awhile to get it up and going cause im broke

The tank will be SPS dominated with probably only clams and fish being the other animals in the tank. Im not quite sure how im going to aquascape it yet, but I want it to be nice and open with a lot of depth. To add to the depth of the tank I will be gluing acrylic blocks to the back walls of the tank so I can attach corals to the blocks to create a "reef wall".

Ummm, filtration will consist of 2-3 skimmers, and 200g total volume of refugium/sump. I also plan on running a calcium reactor and Kalkwasser reactor on the tank. Lighting will be three 48inch Aquamedic spacelights each with two 250W DE halides. I havent decided on bulb combinations yet though. As for water flow.....I will be running three Sequence Hammerheads, with one being the return from the basement refugium/sump and the other two being ran as closed loops. Both closed loop pumps will each run an Oceans Motion 4-way.

I think thats about it. Im still trying to put together a stocking list, but the tank being operational is still a ways in the future. When Sam and I actually start to work on the tank we will be sure to keep track of everything, take plenty of pictures and post a journal of its progress.

Anyway, a couple pics of the tank. Its 48L X 48W X 24H which makes it 240g

Nate

[/font][/font]
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
That's a very nice huge looking tank.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s8xi5heh/my_photos
http://www.geocities.com/s8xi5heh/classic_blue.html
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/buzaqq/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
greenmonkey51
----------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1692
Votes: 5
male usa
Looks nice. I always though a tank like that would look good in the middle of a room with a huge rock tower in the middle.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1889
Votes: 229
female usa
How hard could putting the stocking list together possibly be?

If I remember correctly, the animals in this tank are supposed to be "workers" right? Like CBB for aiptasia control, emerald crabs for bubble algae, etc. And then a few rarer anthias and things like that too--because you wanted this tank to just be pure SPS and "hard to find" guys...

It isn't hard to pick out clams b/c there's only so many tridacnids to pick from. And as for the corals, I'm sure you'll get all those nice tyree frags and just about every acro available. Being buddybuddy with Serdar sure has it's advantages doesn't it. I actually know a kid who works there...

What skimmers are you going to be using?

EDIT: I cant spell.

Last edited by Ferretfish at 14-Aug-2005 09:40

-Formerly known as the Ferretfish
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
If I remember correctly, the animals in this tank are supposed to be "workers" right? Like CBB for aiptasia control, emerald crabs for bubble algae, etc. And then a few rarer anthias and things like that too--because you wanted this tank to just be pure SPS and "hard to find" guys...

Ill probably go with a CBB and a foxface rabbitfish .....I still dont know what I want to do as far as stocking with other fish though. I think I might go with Cirrhilabrus instead of anthias..I dont know, I havent really looked at fish with Sam yet.

It isn't hard to pick out clams b/c there's only so many tridacnids to pick from. And as for the corals, I'm sure you'll get all those nice tyree frags and just about every acro available. Being buddybuddy with Serdar sure has it's advantages doesn't it. I actually know a kid who works there...

Clams are easy to pick out, but the ones that I want are expensive and not on the market very often. Last time I saw a black and white maxima was about 8 months ago and it was close to $300. Having connections does help in getting the cool corals that not everyone else has. It also helps a lot that Kip is decent friends with Steven Tyree, Calfo, and Paletta

As far as coral stocking goes, there probably wont be much in the tank. Im not going to stock as heavily as the 180 was and will just let them grow to huge colonies....thats the plan anyway, but plans have changed before.

What skimmers are you going to be using?

Havent decided yet, but most likely I will run Groetech skimmers or aquamedic.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies