Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAggressive neons;
Rookie_Boy1
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 27
Votes: 0
EditedEdited by Rookie_Boy1
I bought six tiny neon tetras to coexist with my last adult sized neon from my last batch. A few hours after being released from the bag, they began chasing and nipping at each other. Are they sorting out the pecking order, like, who's top neon? If not, what are they doing then? They also follow the large neon everywhere he goes. If he goes inside the log where the BN resides, inside the new neons go too, much to his annoyance.

R_Boy1
Post InfoPosted 05-Sep-2008 14:57Profile PM Edit Report 
cherrybarb
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 64
Votes: 10
male usa
Neons are usually peaceful, and they are most likely just setting up a pecking order. I dont the bigger neon is annoyed with the followers, since they are a schooling fish, and feel more at home with larger numbers
Post InfoPosted 09-Sep-2008 18:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Two Tanks
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 328
Votes: 13
female usa
EditedEdited 14-Sep-2010 00:58
That is normal fish behavior and nothing to worry about. I have seen my existing fish swim around the bag still holding the yet to be released new fish, checking them out. It's like, "Who is this guy?" Once introduced, everything will be fine.
Post InfoPosted 14-Sep-2010 00:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 30-Mar-2015 07:59
This post has been deleted
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies