SubscribeEmber Tetras
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
Kudos: 114
Votes: 137
male usa
I was at a really great LFS today, picking up a mate for my bolivian ram, and was looking for a school of something for my tank. I was planning on getting harlies, but they were 3 dollars a peice so I was a little disappointed. But then I came across these little guys. I really liked them and the were only 1.49 and buy 3 get one free. So I bought 6 and got two more free. So I got 8 new little additions to the tank.

Here is a pic. Excuse the terrible quality

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2007 00:11Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
viciouschiapet
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 77
Votes: 15
female usa
congrats, rnj! How sad that the haelequins were so expensive. I love those guys!

The pottery that growls!
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2007 04:40Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
male usa
I still plan to get harlies, I can get them alot cheaper at a different store, thanks for the reply!
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2007 07:00Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
viciouschiapet
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 77
Votes: 15
female usa
well then keep those blurry pics comin! I'll live vicariously through your tanks =D

The pottery that growls!
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2007 08:41Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
male usa
Hahaha thanks for the support. Im hoping to get a new camera soon
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2007 10:03Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Countryfish
----------
Fish Addict
Da...Dum .. Da...Dum
Kudos: 83
Votes: 242
male australia
Ryan , Very colourfull , little fellas . Don't think I've seen them over here , so you may be right they could be rare . Well done .
Harleys are great little fellas as well , hope you get some soon .

Garry
Post InfoPosted 07-Aug-2007 00:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
Ember Tetras are available over here in the UK in some numbers.

Actually, these fish are tiny. They are smaller than Neons as adults, which is why I recommend them as a shoaling fish for modest sized aquaria, because 8 of these will fit into the same tank size as 6 Neons. Care and maintenance details are fairly typical of South American Tetras - basically, give them similar conditions to Lemons, Rosies, or Neons and they'll be happy. They're also a LOT easier to spawn than Neons.

Feed these guys with colour food and intermittent small live foods, and they'll become seriously intense in hue. They'll be little jewels, and you won't need to go looking for Harlequin Rasboras - just get another 6 of these if space allows!

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 09-Aug-2007 21:13Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
BruceMoomaw
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 490
Votes: 0
male usa
EditedEdited by BruceMoomaw
They ARE tiny little guys, and my one concern is that your Bolivian Ram might be tempted to chow down on them. So far I have kept precisely one (who came in by accident with a shipment of Glowlights), and I will say that he seemed pretty durable -- he held on for a couple of years, even in a tankful of bigger fish at a time when I was frequently losing fish to bacterial infections that eventually turned out to be due to their eating partially decayed food off the bottom.

Also, even given the fuzziness of your photo, yours seem to be very nicely colored -- they come in moderately often here in California, but a lot of them are disappointingly washed out in color (as is often also the case with Glowlights and Red Phantoms).
Post InfoPosted 11-Aug-2007 07:45Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
Hey Ryan, how goes it? I like those Tetras... I may add those to the stocking list of my 55g when the time comes.... very pretty....
Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2007 03:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Countryfish
----------
Fish Addict
Da...Dum .. Da...Dum
Kudos: 83
Votes: 242
male australia
Ryan , hows the search for the Harleys going ?

Garry
Post InfoPosted 22-Aug-2007 12:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies