Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMelafix?
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
hi, i have a guppy feeder tank, and have just noticed an eroded fin, and white stuff around it, should i add melafix to this?im concerned because of the fry and the anubias plant in there?
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2009 05:24Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
Is it fuzzyish white stuff? If so pimafix might be better. Or to be on the safe side both. Hope it gets better

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2009 05:50Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
yes but wil it be ok with the plant and the fry?
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2009 05:56Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
It should be fine, just add it where there is water movement as the guppies like to bite at it as it enters the tank. I'd go with pimafix myself too.

Is there redness on the fin, or near the base of the fin? any other fish ill or dead in the last 2 weeks?

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2009 06:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
i aggree,id go pimafix too,but just to be carefull,when i have fry,IF i have to dose,with meli or pimi,i just half dose...that should clear it up..
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2009 09:54Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
i added the melafix, and no one told me before to half dose so ive full dosed for 2 days and no problems with the fry.no redness on body or base just white patches. ordinarily since the fish are feeders i will destroy the infected fish but since she is about to have fry i want them so they will grow for my oscar.
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2009 15:05Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies