Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeParasite
small.fishtank
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
EditedEdited by small.fishtank
I am relatively inexperienced with having a fish tank. My children have had just a small 10 gal. with a couple of fish for about 8 years now but other than that. We have 2 corys and recently added a clown pleco to our tank. Now about a week and a half after adding the pleco we spotted today what looked like tiny brownish black bugs on one cory and moving up and down the glass on one side of the tank. Probably some type of worm however I have no idea what nor do I know how to treat it. As I usually do, when adding the new fish I added Melafix to the tank. Any ideas or information would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michelle
Post InfoPosted 06-Jan-2008 18:44Profile PM Edit Report 
HorseGal
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
im not sure what they could be but you dont really have to worry unless you see some on your fish, and try to keep the tank as clean as possible with routine maintinance

What came first? the chicken or the egg? No really.....
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2008 18:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
Could well be fish lice or a developmental stage of learnea, try to get a pic if you can, failing that consider an antiparasite treatment, and immediate manual removal of as many parasites as you can get your hands on.
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2008 18:57Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies