L# Rainbow oddness!
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRainbow oddness!
fanciestguppy2006
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 8
Votes: 1
My new Neon Dwarf Rainbow has been in Quarantine for a few days, and he seems to be just sitting in one spot. Is that normal?
Post InfoPosted 07-Mar-2006 05:11Profile PM Edit Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by longhairedgit
Its normal if theres a flow to keep in position against, but all species of rainbow should be active swimmers, and usually cruise up to the perimiter of any given space by day or night. Staying completely still is fairly rare, and doing it all the time is an indication of a stress related issue. Does the QT have lights , and is it cycled? Beware the rainbow that hangs around in darkened corners at the bottom where there isnt much flow. 99% of what I call "normal bodied" rainbows, including yours, should be energetic midwater and surface cruisers. The rules only change a bit for the blue eyes,and similar types. If he's the only one you have he might be stressing outside of being in a shoal. They are shoaling fish.

Is he in acquisition quarantine, or seperated because he looked ill?
Post InfoPosted 07-Mar-2006 05:40Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies