SubscribeShaking Tiger Barb
sugabeatz
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 77
Votes: 3
female usa
EditedEdited 21-Oct-2009 22:41
I added a couple new fish two days ago, and now one of my albino tiger barbs is acting very strange. Yesterday, he was breathing fast and avoiding the rest of his school. Today, he is swimming irradictly with his mouth pointed downwards and shaking violently. I have never seen a fish do this in the 15 years I've had them. What is wrong with him?

Here is a link to a video of him
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t284/sugabeatz/Fish/?action=view&current=PA211047.flv
Post InfoPosted 21-Oct-2009 21:55Profile PM Edit Report 
sugabeatz
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 77
Votes: 3
female usa
I found one of the Julii Corys I had just added belly up barely breathing. He must have introduced something tht my tiger barb got. Please help!

Here is another video of him.

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t284/sugabeatz/Fish/?action=view&current=PA211049.flv
Post InfoPosted 21-Oct-2009 23:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
It looks like it could be parasites, but I am at a bit of a loss as to what. I've not seen anything move so much like that before.

Can you see the gills on either? Any redness? What are the faeces like?

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2009 06:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
The barb looks like its having problems with buoyancy, likely through extra gas in the digestive tract or the swim bladder. However, I don't know what you can do about it.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2009 16:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies