L# The Hospital
  L# Split fin, possible solution?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSplit fin, possible solution?
Rhanra
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
Hello all, I bought a gold severum from the LPS about 5 or 6 months back, it was already about 6 or 7 inch, now slightly more, it had a split pectoral fin since before I purchased it, and wont heal on its own or with meds. Water quality has always been perfect so its just an issue of a non mending split. I was hoping to figure out a possible remedy for it, would I have to cut the regrown edges of the tear and try to mend it that way, stitch it some how, superglue or something... it's in the webbing of the fin, and entirely from the fin joint to the tip, seems like a difficult mend as he obviously uses that fin with every movement, if anyone has any knowledge on how to do such a fix and explain with a bit of how to even would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
Post InfoPosted 11-Jun-2011 00:01Profile PM Edit Report 
jake7
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 3
male usa us-pennsylvania
Melafix is supposed to cure lacerations on fish. I've never used it but It's probably worth a try.
Post InfoPosted 20-Jun-2011 18:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 20-Jun-2011 18:27
This post has been deleted
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
It is probably already healed, but it healed split. It may not look as pretty as it used to, but I don't think there's any good way to "fix" it. Trying to do some sort of surgery or stick it together with glue would do more harm than good. As long as it's not an open wound, susceptible to infection, the fish should be fine.

><>
Post InfoPosted 23-Jun-2011 00:58Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
alexs

Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
I heard good reviews about General Tonic of TetraMedica
Post InfoPosted 27-Jul-2011 12:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies