AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# The Hospital
  L# Swordtail staing at the bottom of the tank!!
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSwordtail staing at the bottom of the tank!!
richmp
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 0
i have two swordtails in my community tank. one of them used to be VERY active but recently he's been just staying along the bottom of the tank, resting on the gravel. he still moves around but definitely not as much as he did before.

also, he's an orange swordtail but he developed a very light white spot about half way down.. it doesn't seem to be ich because it kind of looks like when a human being has a cut and the skin is healing..

is it normal for him to stay at the bottom of the tank like that??
Post InfoPosted 22-Sep-2006 07:03Profile PM Edit Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

How long have you had the fish? We need more information to make any accurate diagnosis on your fish. Please read this post.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 22-Sep-2006 08:07Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Edith
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 30
Votes: 0
female canada
Hi richmp I also have sword tails one mail and three females my mail is very active always chasing the girls. Do you have any females. the white spot I have no idea but do you have aquarium salt in the tank that helps there colour and for antibiotics.

edith
Post InfoPosted 05-Oct-2006 01:32Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies