---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by longhairedgit
lol I never considered it could have been the pasty. Shouldve known really. Nah I wouldnt have made myself cry, I was a gruesome little sod back then , id have been like, "cool a scary hairy bloke with stupid amouunts of pets"

My mother might not have let me go near me though
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 04:41Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
The discus one definitely needs more explaination.

I worked at PETCO one summer. There was a guy in the aquatics section who was even more knowledgeable than me. And we told the guy who put a clownfish in fresh water never to have anything to do with aquatics again...

- Never leave a siphon in an aquarium unattended, no matter how securely inside the tank you think it is (it's raining in the laundry room!!)

- Unplug heaters before performing major water changes. (I've broken two and zapped myself that way so far)

><>
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 05:27Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
When getting a new light Make sure you completely take off all shipping material open the light inspect the bulbs etc. Dont just take it out of the box and put it on the tank and turn it on.

On a side note anybody got a good way of taking melted bubble wrap off a new light?

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 23:50Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
EditedEdited by Alex
ive got a new one that will probably need some kind of explanation...but

eheim goes boom lol

lucky there is a wet component in a wet dry lol

''All the clown fish and yellow tangs in the world cant save you now!''
Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2007 05:14Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
Don't syphon your work tank into a bucket and ju-ust take this to another dept .... someone may ask you something and the bucket will overflow.

Don't take no for an answer regarding your 'work tank'..... move it along with all your other files and stuff when your dept is shuffled to a new location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2007 06:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
make sure you wash sand/gravel really well or youll end up with milky/ultra dirty water

''All the clown fish and yellow tangs in the world cant save you now!''
Post InfoPosted 13-Jul-2007 12:31Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
EditedEdited by aaronfry
Only your back can tell the differance between thinking you can lift it by yourself and being able to lift it by you self

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2007 22:25Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
Your suppose to lift with your legs. Usually my problem with tanks is the fact they are so long or wide and my arms are too short than with the weight. I could pick up the 55g by myself with over 50lbs of ec still in it if I could reach both ends or balance it but it kept sliding sideways.

Do not attempt to carry long tanks by yourself. They have a tendency to off balance and smash sideways into the wall or doorway. If the tank doesn't break it does leave nice dents in the wall.
Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2007 23:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
CucumberSlices
-----
Banned
male usa
i dont have many, i have mostly small tanks..., but heres two or three...

1) Dont use sand from a river tributary thinking that it will clean up nicley, after a few ater changes, and sifting. It dosent, and it also leaves a filmy layer of white gunk floating on top of your tank... (hard as heck to clean afterwords!)

2) agan, dont leave a syphon unattended and then forget about it, you will have an over flowing bucket, a wet floor, and an empty tank with flopping fish that are half dead. luckly no casualties!

3)dont try and ballance a 10 quart bucket full of fish and water on the palm of your hand while drinking coffee and trying to open a door with your foot.

4) dont try and fill a tank with a garden hose ran through your bedroom window, on the second floor... run the hose through the window, then run outside and turn it on (full blast) the hose dosent stay in the same place i might add. haveing water on the floor and wall from that, fill the tank, and when its full, run outside, and turn it off, and by the time its turned off you have an over flowed tank, and more water on the ground, out your bedroom door and down the hall and stairs.
Post InfoPosted 24-Jul-2007 15:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
CucumberSlices
-----
Banned
male usa
aaronfry Wrote:
Only your back can tell the differance between thinking you can lift it by yourself and being able to lift it by you self
soo true it hurts! littraly.
Post InfoPosted 24-Jul-2007 15:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
Cucumber slices you sound like a great roomie! What a pickle. Ah, well it's all a learning experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 25-Jul-2007 05:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies