L# The Hospital
  L# please help, my mom wants to save fancytail goldfish
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribeplease help, my mom wants to save fancytail goldfish
helpmyfish
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 0
I'm not a fish expert neither is my mom, all I know is that the big gold fish in my mom's tank has nipped away at her little fancytail goldfish and has completely aten her front fins, her tail is gone.

once her tail was lost she pretty much floated around upside down in the tank.. but could scavange. now that she's lost her sidefins she can't move at all and she's floating at the top of the tank.

my mom is using a spoon to lift her from being upside down so she can put her infront of food to eat. she's eating and pooping and is in her own bowl, but remains upside down motionless at the top of the tank.. just breathing.

I really feel like I should put it out of it's misery (is flushing the best thing to do? I feel like it isn't)

in any case my mom wants to continue feeding it with the spoon method until her fins grow back.. but they are so far gone I'm not sure they will. And she made me ask here before I decide it's fate.

I've never used this site, and I'm greatful for the help, my mom really appreciates it. We want the best for this fish so we came here because this site seems to have the best answers.

Here are some photos to better understand

thank you so much

Post InfoPosted 26-Dec-2009 22:13Profile PM Edit Report 
helpmyfish
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 0
sorry to say she already passed. Funeral was held by candlelight. Thanks any way for the available forum. sincerely helpmyfish
Post InfoPosted 26-Dec-2009 23:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Sorry we werent able to help your fish in time.

From the sounds of it, by the time you had posted it was already too late for your fish.

So you know for next time, goldfish need a LOT of space in a tank. 55 gallon tank is generally the minimum size for a small goldfish. Goldfish really belong in ponds.
What size tank is this big gold fish in? Fish that are too crammed in together can be more aggressive towards each other.

To be on the safe side, a water change should be done on the tank.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2009 06:11Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies