L# sunset platy bullied into trauma
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribesunset platy bullied into trauma
Teri
Small Fry
Kudos: 9
Votes: 43
female usa us-arizona
Okay, so I don't know for sure (but given my tank full of suspects) I think one of my sailfin molly's attacked my platy and ate the top fin off his poor little body! It is completely gone (along with sporting a bloody back). Of course, I've moved my injured fish to an isolation tank. Any suggestions? He is lopsided in the tank since he can't get his balance. Will it grow back?
Post InfoPosted 18-Oct-2011 04:19Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Is the isolation tank a separate tank? or is it one of those floating fry net type deals?

In either case keep the water as perfect as possible, open wounds are just an invite to infection. Pick up some melafix (or order online, big als.com has pretty good shipping and prices).

You may want to think of a permanent separation for the two species.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2011 03:08Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Teri
Small Fry
Kudos: 9
Votes: 43
female usa us-arizona
seperate tank. still holding in there but obviously can't swim around. looks like he ate some food. not holding my breath for a successful outcome on this one.
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2011 04:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Eating is always a good sign. If a fish isn't eating it's not going to get better. Keep a close eye on him at feeding time.

The melafix can help make sure nothing infects the open wound.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 20-Oct-2011 01:26Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies