niggit
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 282
Votes: 0
female canada
EditedEdited by niggit
hi all,

i have a 29G goldfish tank with two ryukin and one lionhead. all three fish are roughly 2.5" in length. i have had them for roughly 7 months.

my question is regarding one of the ryukins: several months ago he was attached (by a yo yo botia which has since been removed) and his fins were quite badly shredded. he also had a large wound on his back. i have nursed him back to health using melafix. now his fins have mostly regrown and his wounds have healed. he is now back in the same tank as the other fish, but is still separated (he's in a net on the side of the tank).

the reason i have not "released" him is that he seems to have trouble staying upright/controlling himself in the water. i know this is a common problem with goldfish and can be related to diet, but he gets the same food as the other two fish and they have no problems.

i feed them tetra goldfish flakes, shrimp pellets, krill pellets, "veggie soft bites" and algae tablets. they get large weekly water changes, and the water quality (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, etc) is fine.

any suggestions?
Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2008 20:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies