Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAnyone play any pc games?
Cichlid Civilian
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
male usa
I play the whole battlefield series and a bunch of steam games and alittle bit of wow
Post InfoPosted 26-May-2008 22:28Profile PM Edit Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Then in that case, im sure you'd like Walk My Plank.
This game was made my Adam the owner of this site.
I dont really play any other games.
Post InfoPosted 26-May-2008 23:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Er, a bit.

Everquest2 is my main one, but also play Flatout2, UT2004, Enemy Territory, SWAT, Dawn of War (I suck at this though) and a few others.

I have a WMP account, but was getting absolutely no work done

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 27-May-2008 04:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Rob1619
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 619
Votes: 626
male cyprus
Not as much as i wish!
Though i finally managed to finish the Rome Total War.
Played some of the Battlefield games and Test drive unlimited.

I know human beings and fish can co-exist peacefully.
Post InfoPosted 27-May-2008 08:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Troy_Mclure
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 306
male australia
Im playing Witcher and beta testing mythos at the moment.
Post InfoPosted 27-May-2008 13:32Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Ohh, Have been looking at Witcher, you like?

Hey, what do you guys think of Crysis? Worth the install for gameplay or if you've seen the graphics have you really seen the lot?

Oh, forgot, also LOVE the old Infocom games. The only one so far that I haven't been able to get into is Ballyho, but Zork and the like are brill-o

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 27-May-2008 17:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
i *finally* got around to playing bioshock and it's a pretty awesome game! i also play civ4 but i find that even on the easier levels that game kicks my butt

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 27-May-2008 17:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Troy_Mclure
-----
Fish Addict
male australia
EditedEdited by Troy_Mclure
Witcher is really good. I only wish I had a better pc for it.

I rented bioshock overnight and finished it at 6am. what a silly man I am.
Post InfoPosted 28-May-2008 05:18Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Ummm let's see... I occasionally play:

Sims 2 (with Open for Business and Pets expansions)
Zoo Tycoon 2 (African Animals expansion)
Diablo 2 (still haven't stuck with the game long enough at a time to finish it...)
Civ 4
Black and White

I do have a bunch of other various games, but the above are the only ones I've done anything with recently.

><>
Post InfoPosted 28-May-2008 05:27Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
TwilightRaven
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 0
female usa
Hi there..*smiles gently & waves* Just joined...

I play Sims 2 quite a bit
& also play
Dungeon Keeper 2
as well as pinball, poker, & Space Colony, on occasion
Post InfoPosted 28-May-2008 16:40Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
EditedEdited by monkeyboy
Text based games are can be ok. I've played to many where the rules got changed frequently to suite the higher ranks players and not everyone.

But you certainly cant beat a fast paced FPS game. But Crysis is great game, but its a system killer. I like the Half Life series, Gears of war is a good one, the F.E.A.R. Series is another good games. Call of Duty 4 is pretty good, great story line.

I myself am waiting on HL2 Episode 3, and also Star Craft 2.

If your looking for something that has alot of playability and can be different every time, you want FarCry (PC version). Just a simply awesome game in every aspect.

You want a Great game with good graphics and tons of puzzles? Look for two games Penumbra Overature, and Penumbra Black Plague. I found these this past winter, and they are a good length game with puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. A Great game to play late at night, with no lights on with the volume up at a higher level.

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 29-May-2008 16:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
I just bought one today.
Championship Manager 2008
Post InfoPosted 30-May-2008 23:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Troy_Mclure
-----
Fish Addict
male australia
Currently playing - Fallout (not Tim).
Post InfoPosted 02-Jun-2008 05:06Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Gone_Troppo

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 196
australia au-northernterritory
Hi, I'm currently playing Crysis online, and think it is great, it is a totally different game to the single player campaign, which even on the hardest difficulty setting is not as challenging as I feel it should be, although still good.

Crysis is very demanding as far as video requirements go, I have a 512Mb 8600GT video card and it struggles to keep it over 35 fps at 1440x900 resolution (19" wide screen LCD) with most settings set to low, (for online play).
I did manage to play through the SP campaign the first few times with all settings on high without getting much video lag except in the really heavy fire fights, and the ending... which just kills my poor little 8600GT,@5~10 fps
so I played around with the benchmarking tool and found that I could recover an extra 10 fps by setting the shaders and shadows options both to the low setting, with most other settings making only a small difference of 1-2 fps each between the highest and lowest settings.

Crysis can most definitely be described as a system killer for those with older PC's, considering I'm running it on a XP OS, Q6600 2.4 ghz Quad core, 2x 1Gb of Corsair CL4 DDR2 Ram (dual channel), and a 512 Mb 8600GT video card, 400Gb SATA II HDD with 16MB cache and 52x SATA II DVD drive also 16Mb cache, all mounted on a Gigabyte N680SLI-DQ6 motherboard, a quick CTL-ALT-DEL shows on the task manager that it runs online using about 1.1Gb of the Ram and after a few hours at around 1.4 Gb with XP using around 0.3Gb to 0.4Gb of that amount ... so much for the min. specs. on the box ... definitely would NOT want to try play it on a min. spec. system.

Currently the online Crysis community within Australia is quite small, and pretty much the only Australian servers that are populated are the two run by Internode, both hold a max of 32 players, and one of which runs a custom map pack which needs to be downloaded and installed before playing on it, you will also need the v1.2 followed by the v1.21 patch to play on either Internode server. Internode Crysis Forum.

The other Australian servers run by Game Arena have serious playability issues atm that Game Arena appear to be unwilling or unable to fix for the time being, hopefully they are working on it, but don't hold your breath waiting for a fix seems to be the common consensus amongst the community atm.
There is also the occasional privately hosted server/s that are running from time to time, but it appears that they are only running them toward the end of their own billing cycle to consume their unused allocations, which makes it rather random as to if/when/how long they are running.
This current situation leaves Australian Crysis players with very few places to play with a low ping, the New Zealand servers are notably unpopulated, leaving predominantly only US and European servers with a 250+ ping which generates laggy game play and once the ping hits about 400+ Crysis becomes pretty much unplayable, as it is with most games in this genre.

http://test.crystats.com/crysis_player/Gone_Troppo, I could have done better if I actually cared about the statistics. It is ONLY a GAME afterall.
Well that's about it for my mini review of Crysis within Australia.

Other games I play from time to time, Freelancer, Dark Star One, HomeWorld, Need For Speed Most Wanted (NFSMW), Knights of the Old Republic(KOTOR), Neverwinter Nights Mask of the Betrayer(NWNMOTB), Diablo I + II, Pharaoh + Cleopatra(same game Pt 1+2), Rapala Pro Fishing, I'm sure there are others that I forgot to mention but thats all that comes to mind for now.

G_T

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2008 13:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
I have started playing games on a Game server called VASSAL, its computerized Board games. Vassal gets rid of the boards and pieces but you still need the rules and an opponent. Does that count?

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2008 22:23Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Troy_Mclure
-----
Fish Addict
male australia
Hey Calla, how is dawn of war?

I just bought it cheapy cheap as well as gears of war the other day. I have games coming out my ears at the moment and will start playing as soon as I am done with all the others I am playing (gta4,mythos,fallout etc)
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2008 02:10Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
Currently:

Guild Wars
TF2
Grim Fandango
Full Throttle
Mother 3

Crysis? Snap. You must have one hell of a system.
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2008 11:27Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
Also, everyone should play portal.
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2008 11:30Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
Also, everyone should play portal

Highly agreed, Portal is a great challenging game. I need to find some of the user created levels for it. And then again, I can't wait for HL2 EP3 to get to use that gun in the game

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 09-Jun-2008 13:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies