Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
I know way back, late at night (for me) was FP chat time...

now everyone is... gone....

*watches tumble weed roll by*

so what times do you guys, if ever, chat now?
Post InfoPosted 10-Feb-2007 08:10Profile PM Edit Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
Unfortunately, Adam put in some code that whenever more than two people are in the chat room, each person receives a severe and continuous electric shock.

As such, chat attendence has gone downhill a bit.

Joe Potato
Post InfoPosted 10-Feb-2007 17:04Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

I can't exactly answer your question, as I'm not on as much as I used to be, when I was newer. But I do know that when I wanted to chat I just got in the chat room & stayed there. Then I used another browser to explore FP. Pretty soon someone else would come on. When people see two in the chatroom, it seems to act as a magnet & then others come in. That's my only suggestion.

Maybe someone else will come on with a better idea. But so far, persistence in staying there once you are there seems to help a lot. I notice people come & go in the chatroom without ever talking to anybody, so people DO want to chat sometimes. Maybe it's just a matter of luck for those people to be on at the same time?

Anyway, maybe we all need to be a little more considerate & at least stop in & say Hi to someone, even if we are short on time. I noticed someone on last night right as I was getting off, but didn't stop in as I didn't want to be on long. I will try to be more considerate & at least spend a couple minutes there.

Now I know why some people just say they gotto go & then just click off without waiting for a response or good-by's! The chatroom can take a lot of time if you don't have it or want to be on that long. let's just resolve to get in there if even for a couple minutes & when we gotta go, just go, with no hard feelings on the part of the one being left behind, as we all know how time consuming the chatroom can be if we don't manage our time on it.

Anyway..........Good luck!

PS- Also keep in mind.........sometimes........... things change with time.
Post InfoPosted 10-Feb-2007 17:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Well, we lost the Chat Queen (Babel) and the Chat Princess (Liana), so that hurts. Also, it seems like a lot of the chat regulars just don't visit FP that much anymore (Megil, tryst, Sin, Mole, r00na, etc.). I think the loss of these chatters has kinda put a kibosh on a lot of the other people who used to go in there (Nate, Marc, Calla, Daka, myself).

Alas.

Joe Potato
Post InfoPosted 10-Feb-2007 18:21Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
rjmcbean
----------
Hobbyist
Like a Farmer
Kudos: 75
Votes: 415
female usa
I will also try harder to stop in a visit. there are a lot of security blocks on the computer at work so I don't like to do a lot of Non-work related things online but, if it's a slow night, I can spend a little while.

I haven't seen Liana, Tryst, Moley or anyone in a WHILE in there. It's nice that Huston-Heidi came back but she also hasn't been in chat.

Let's get it back up and running . . .

"it's the neck, it creaks under the weight of too much heavy thinking."
Post InfoPosted 10-Feb-2007 21:09Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
I don't pick up wireless at work anymore so I'm not able to log in for those 8 hours/week average anymore. It stinks for me too!

><>
Post InfoPosted 10-Feb-2007 21:29Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Inkling
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 498
Votes: 11
female usa
I'm not in there nearly as much as I used to be

I have been awfully busy lately...

Inky
Post InfoPosted 12-Feb-2007 00:40Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
i now have access at home, but just don't feel the need to go into chat and "make anyone upset" etc, so i stay away...also just don't feel the need...got the cell to chat on for that...

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Post InfoPosted 12-Feb-2007 04:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
On the few times I stopped in (haven't had net access at home for a few months now), I usually run into chat, pout about how no one is ever there anymore, then sit there for a while, waiting for someone to take the bait. Apparently this cat ain't too good of a fisher.

I think the last time I saw a decent crowd in chat was uh... the last time I chatted with YOU there, Racso. Once the two of us were in there, we managed to attract quite a few people just by BEING there, but few people want to be the first or second people there. It's like... public speaking then... talking to a big room of people who may or may not be listening.

I'm getting the net again (tomorrow, hopefully), so I'll drop in and pout at an empty chat room more often, prolly.

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2007 03:47Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
Apparently this cat ain't too good of a fisher.

me either been waiting for an hour and a half lol

''All the clown fish and yellow tangs in the world cant save you now!''
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2007 10:44Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
2hrs now, im beginning to realise im not very interesting

Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2007 11:04Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
can someone else, try to get chat working again?!?! just stay in there idle if you have too, wont slow your comps down that much...

Post InfoPosted 24-Feb-2007 12:02Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
I've done that... Sat there one night and actually chatted with someone, came back the next day, 20 hours later, and I could still see my chatting from when I left the last night. *boggles* I held a funeral for chat that night.

I've sat in there for an hour over the past week or so. No one seems to want to chat anymore. I wonder if Adam can make it so there's a sound when someone enters the chat room? I would be okay with sitting in chat until someone shows up, but honestly, I have better things to do than to sit staring at the chat screen all day. Either I go surf and forget about the chat room or walk away from the computer because no one is talking. I'd hate for someone to actually join me and then think I'm ignoring them.

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 24-Feb-2007 16:17Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
~ Sin ~
----------
Mega Fish
Votes: 28
female australia
Wow! I got a mention! YAY me! (Hi everyone! )

Well, my absence is mainly due to my change in job... i used to be in front of a computer all day... now i'm in front of tanks all day...

Hope all are well (been a long time Racso!

Sin
Post InfoPosted 24-Feb-2007 17:18Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
now i'm in front of tanks all day...

When you're not crashing through them?

Hey Sin! What's goin' on?

Joe Potato

Post InfoPosted 24-Feb-2007 20:55Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
My thoughts exactly Joe

Sin? All healed up?

The sound in chat issue has been raised before, I can understand the need for it (I've wandered off to enjoy some online bill paying and forgot about chat the bills were just so exciting!) but I still am not sure I can endorse sound , all we need is for someone to be at work and get nothing but dings all day and complain that they got in trouble for chatting...

Although maybe that is what we need... There's been talk of closing the chat room due to the cost and emptyness factor of the room. I've been trying to keep it open, but a little more activity might make it easier to convince the powers that be...

^_^

Post InfoPosted 24-Feb-2007 23:11Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
could you mute the noise if it wasnt wanted, then everyones happy

Post InfoPosted 25-Feb-2007 03:27Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
female usa

Yesterday about 5:00 pm. my time, I got on this site for a little bit before I had to go somewhere. I went into chat cause there were people in there. After I went in, that made 10 people in there! And it all started with one person in there......... just waiting. Granted, that won't happen everytime.......... but you never know.
Post InfoPosted 25-Feb-2007 16:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
check box for noise on/noise off?

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 25-Feb-2007 18:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
female usa

noise on
Post InfoPosted 26-Feb-2007 16:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies