AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Off Topic
 L# The Recovery Room
  L# Hello from the beautiful Canadian Rockies...
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHello from the beautiful Canadian Rockies...
dicnic62
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 0
male canada ca-alberta
…and thanks for the warm welcome. I\'m actually in a funny position for a new member. Since I retired from the regular world of work I\'ve been learning Internet marketing and now have an online store selling aquarium kits.

Now I know a lot about Internet marketing – doing research to find key words, optimizing sites for search engines, stuff like that – but I\'m a little shy on knowledge about aquariums. Not really a good thing for a guy who\'s trying to sell them, right?

Of course I can find the answer to just about any customer question by consulting the Internet but I really started the online store because I\'ve always been fascinated by tropical fish tanks and wanted to take up the hobby.

So here I am, trying to play \"earn while you learn\" and having a great time.

I\'m posting this little blurb in the Recovery Room hoping you all won\'t think I\'m a carpetbagger. I think you\'ll find that, as time goes by, I\'ll be a regular contributor and have good things to say. That\'s the beauty of retirement. You have lots of time to learn new things!

Attached Image:

Gregory 'Glug' Waterman
Waterman's Aquarium Kits
Post InfoPosted 25-Sep-2009 21:24Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Delenn
Hobbyist
Kudos: 63
Votes: 10
female usa
Hello and welcome, dicnic. I'm learning about fish myself. I have the tank, and the water, and the decorations, but currently no fish. I'm waiting for my tank to finish cycling.

Anyway, I noticed your name in the bottom of your post. If that is indeed your real name, might I suggest that you remove your last name or just put the first letter? I suggest this because it's just not a good idea to "advertise" your real name on the Net. Being a victim of identity theft myself, I tend to be rather paranoid about these things.

Anyway, again, welcome! And good luck with your store!
Post InfoPosted 26-Sep-2009 00:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies