kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
EditedEdited by kitten
Two weeks ago I got an apartment. Six days ago I got a cat. Two days ago I got internet. And y'all are now privileged to be see the first post on my kitty, with pics.

First, background info.

Name: Lucky

I 'inherited' Lucky from my aunt and uncle. Five years ago, my aunt became severely allergic to Lucky, whom they'd had since he was 10-12 months old. She had some major-weird things going on, sudden onset of allergies, asthma and all sorts of bronchial things. Joy.

For the past five years, Lucky has lived in the basement, segregated from the family. Not that he was left alone, but he certainly wasn't getting the attention such a friendly cat deserves. And he is, by far the friendliest, most affectionate cat I've ever met. My aunt always felt guilty, but the family didn't want to give him up. Because my aunt was his primary caregiver, and she could no longer be near him for any extended period of time, his quality of life declined from the exemplary care he was used to receiving. (My aunt is the sort of person who does extreme research and knows EVERYTHING about a subject and follows the 'rule book' to a T.)

Despite the name, Lucky is not a very lucky cat. He was found as a stray and then rescued from a shelter. He has patches of missing fur on his back, near his tail. It's not too obvious, but noticeable if you know what you're looking for. What they thought were bite scars turned out to be burn marks, possibly he was caught in a burning building or something burning fell on him.

He's missing a lower incisor, which gives him an Elvis-like sneer at times. Not sure how that happened.

His tail got slammed in a door and wound up having to get half of his (almost absurdly long) tail amputated. Because it was so long in the first place, he doesn't look too terribly odd. It's obviously shortened, but it's not like, Manx short.

All this, plus his age, hyper-thyroidism and arthritis don't make him a very eligible adoption candidate, despite the fact that he is sincerely one of the sweetest animals you could ever hope to meet.

He's quite the 'talker' and is the proud owner of a loud "rumblepurr" as I like to call it. Because he was starved for what he deems his deserved level of attention for the past few years, he is Very affectionate now. As soon as I walk in the door, he's scampering up to me, meowing as if to ask about my day and jumping into my lap as soon as I sit down. He's content to simply be a lap cat.

Being that he was living in the basement (though he still did get to go out for a few of his supervised backyard outings), he loves his new large picture window and wide window sill. Oh, and he loves his "kitty TV"... my fish tanks.

I get kitty "kisses" and love bites, paws petting my face and kitty chin rubs whenever my face is within paw's reach. He puts his paw on my hand, putting my finger in between his footpad and the toepads, then extends his claws and curls his toes around my finger, like a baby holding onto the tip of my finger. If I didn't already adore this cat, I'd have fallen in love the moment he moved in.

He's settling in nicely, has claimed 'his' spots, even though there's still boxes to unpack and the place isn't very tidy. He weaves his way around everything and tends to get in the way, simply because he wants attention. He seems to have almost an abandonment issue, but it's more like... a 'lack of attention' fear. He is my new shadow.

Anyway, I'll stop babbling and give you a couple pics.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/ccatclaws/Lucky/luckycat.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/ccatclaws/Lucky/luckycat2.jpg

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2007 07:03Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

He looks a lot like my cat Rosie who was found after missing for six years.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2007 07:25Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
EditedEdited by fish patty
A true love story for Valentine's!

Though he's a pretty cat, he looked like he didn't appreciate having his picture taken. Can you get any more pics to where he looks more like the loving kitty you described? Or is he just like some people......... serious looking on the outside but really loving on the inside?

He looks in really good shape for a 13 yr. old! I never would have guessed him to be an older cat. I wish you both a long, loving relationship for many years to come! He truly is lucky to have you in his life now.

Natalie- Did Rosie just show up again one day or somebody saw her at another persons house & recognized her?
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2007 18:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
Well Kitten...you're right he is a lovely little doll...and he and cleo look like they could be siblings of course I think Lucky is more of a camera ham, while cleo when she's not perfecting her bathing skills is asleep ....Houston

Attached Image:

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2007 19:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
female usa
EditedEdited by kitten
My camera batteries were dying, and of course, he started posing when the batteries finally gave out. Let me see if I can get anything cute now.

This should work, I think... link direct to my album on Photobucket

EDIT: Adding to Photobucket pretty regularly, check back for more pics.

Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2007 20:24Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

Awww he's hugging you.................& he has his own cat tree next to his tank, how funny.
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2007 06:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
MtbGirl
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 19
Votes: 0
female usa
Lucky looks so much like my Mooch... who is about 12 years old. He also has an absurdly long tail and likes to talk as well as "rumblepurr" as you called it. Maybe they're littermates??

This pic is about a year old, Mooch is on the left and Pepper (my female tortoiseshell) is on the right... they have both slimmed down since...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/PanClan06/Cuddly.jpg

Our tank: 45 gallons
7x Cardinal Tetras 7x Black Neon Tetras
7x Glowlight Tetras 2x Ottos 2x Ghost Shrimp 3x Spotted Corys 3x Panda Corys
Post InfoPosted 20-Feb-2007 03:07Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
female usa
Hehe... I'd say it would be possible if you weren't halfway across the country. Far as I know, Lucky hasn't been outside of the Chicagoland area.

I know his name was originally "Legend" before my cousins decided that was too hard to say (they were fairly young at the time) and his name was changed when they brought him home from the shelter. Yes, this was just after the live-action 101 Dalmations was released.

Post InfoPosted 20-Feb-2007 06:13Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies