SubscribeMovie Chat
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
Kudos: 114
Votes: 137
male usa
Here you can talk about movies you want to see,movies you have seen, movies you liked, movies you disliked, special movie traditionsyou and you family and freinds share, and you favorite genre of movie.

So I suppose I will start:
Last night I had the pleasure of watching "Freedom Wrriters". I loved this movie! It was very inspirational and shows that no matter where you come from some you have something important to say.
Tonight I watched the new "Charlottes Web". It was a great movie also. I loved the graphics of Charlotte spinning her web and I loved how this movie shows that life goes on even though someone you love is gone.

So welcome movie lovers! Just remember please dont give away parts or endings to movies! People still may want to see them!:D
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2007 05:23Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

The other night we watched,"The pursuit of Happiness" with Will Smith.It kept my interest throughout the movie. It showed what Love & determination can accomplish.It's what I call a decent movie.

Right now one of my favorite movies that come to mind is "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murry. I know it's an old one but I really like it.

"Turner & Hooch" I also like as well as "K-9 Cop." I love dog movies. A strange dog movie I remember seeing once was "called, "Max."

"Honey I Shrunk the Kids", "Honey We Shrunk Ourselves."
The Jurassic Park movies. The animation, 'Ice Age.", "Toy Story". Simple happy family movies is my choice in movies usually.
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2007 06:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
spider man 3.... uh, without giving to much away to those who want to spend their money on it... all i'm saying is they could have done alot better.

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2007 13:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by longhairedgit
The pursuit of happyness was good to me too but perhaps more for showing how corporate america is often oblivious to the suffering in its midst rather than for showing the tenacity of one person winning the day. There are millions of people just like will smiths character , who after all , dont make it, and live in poverty no matter how hard they work. Its a film of mixed messages, perhaps at the base level people will applaud it for showing the american dream, ie "work hard and reap the rewards" and in another sense the message is negative, as it shows an example that is meant to shine, but in the real world such people just end up exploited ad infinitum by greedy middle men who have no roots in humanity. The messages this film carries depend very much on the nature of the viewer. Its one of those films where the interest lies not in the film itself, but how it is recieved.

Im still waiting to see pans labyrinth, it looks pretty good from what I have seen. Aside from that, the movie scene is a bit dire at the moment.

I expect spiderman has all of the same problems- namely the rubbish goblin costumes and toby mcguires lack of character development. Ill watch it , just so that I can critique how they do eddy brock and venom, and see how they try to explain the alien costume without ever mentioning the secret wars saga.
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2007 19:13Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Doedogg
---------------
Banned
Kudos: 737
Votes: 445
female usa
Just saw Night at the Museum... it was fun! Nice to watch a movie and not have to think about anything.

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
~ Mae West
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2007 00:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fishmonster
----------
Big Fish
Oh My Heck!
Kudos: 88
Votes: 73
male usa
Ok if we are talking movies lets start old school.

Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, and of Course Cool Runnings. John Candy was one of my favorite actors. There we have the police academy Series 1-5. 6 Sucked. Blue Brothers was awesome. Pretty much from the Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd, John Candy era. I also love Bill Murray so Groundhog day was awesome. I also loved Scrooged

Coming newer we got Jurassic Park, Independance Day, Home Alone 1 & 2. And of course the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The 300 was killer. I just saw Spidey 3 on the IMAX and it was awesome

Movies I'm looking forward to are Fantastic 4, Rise of Silver Surfer, Pirates of Carribean At Worlds End, Transformers, Harry Potter Order of Phoenix.

My three favorite genres are Sci-Fi, Comedy & Fantasy

Thanks for your input as always, Shane
http://thetanklog.blogspot.com/ - [ Thanks to ScottF ]
http://www.natureaquariumclubofutah.com/main.html
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2007 01:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
oops, made my own spidey 3 thread here
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2007 20:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
I cannot even remember the last time I went to a movie. How sad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2007 04:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Ace
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 17
Votes: 13
male australia
watched "epic movie" last night...
should be renamed "crap unfunny movie"

"if you're goin swimmin,watch out for the noahs"
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2007 06:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 311
Votes: 5
female india
Last movie I watched in the theatre - Spiderman 3. My favourite movies include About a Boy, Music and Lyrics, In her Shoes, Bridget Jones Diary parts 1 and 2. I also like Pursuit of Happiness a lot, it's a very profound story.

The first movie my husband and I watched together on a date was Never Been Kissed (Drew Barrymore).

I also like watching your average junk movie with Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, I thoroughly enjoyed 50 First Dates. I am your average love struck girl
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2007 07:19Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
ive recently watched Spiderman 3 and didnt rate it.
I know they're not recent movies, but i just watched Breakfast Club and How High.
Very funny
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2007 19:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies