SubscribeMoving AGAIN
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
Hi all anybody know anything about Antioch Illinois? I am moving bout Feb, or March to that area. Cool places or what not? LFS's

LOL Jeez I was worried about moving a ten gallon 5 blocks. Now........ how am I gonna manage this.....

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 28-Jun-2007 01:48Profile Yahoo PM Edit Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

Jim, there are articles on the web about how to move fish, even long distances. I don't have any sites myself, but I have come across them before. Just look around. Where are you moving from?
Post InfoPosted 28-Jun-2007 04:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
poisonwaffle

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 591
male usa
Good luck with the move, dude. I don't really know much about moving fish tanks other than drain the water first, put wet paper towels over the gravel to keep it moist, keep the fish in buckets with battery operated air pumps

And Antioch, IL... all I have to say is this: "BEHOLD THE HOLY HAND GRENADE OF ANTIOCH!"
Post InfoPosted 28-Jun-2007 06:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
Kudos: 114
Votes: 137
male usa
You know your a fish keeper when you learn you are moving and the first thing ouy say is "Any good local fish stores around?" Lol good luck.
Post InfoPosted 28-Jun-2007 10:01Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
Well, here's their website: http://www.antioch.il.gov/. I know that it's way up north in the state, near the Wisconsin border. Beyond that, I can't tell you much, as I've never been there myself. I think I may have driven through/past it, but never stopped.

You've got access to the Metra train, so that means you can hop on down to Chicago easily and see the sights (Shedd Aquarium!!!]http://www.sheddaquarium.org/[/link]). Take a look at these [link=retailer reviews for some ideas of LFSs in IL. It's by no means an exhaustive list, but there are quite a few stores there. There is one listed in Antioch, as well.

Fair warning, though. Since you live so close to the border, be CAREFUL. Once you get IL plates on a car, WI police are notorious for pulling you over. There's a stretch just north of the WI/IL border that they patrol fiercely and will pull you over for the smallest bit of speeding. Watch the speed limits and you should be good. ...Of course, the same goes for Indiana, too. No one likes IL drivers around here.

Hmm... not sure how far you are from Gurnee, but there's a HUGE mall there (Gurnee Mills).

Whoops, running late, gotta get to work. Hey, if you ever want to run down to the Shedd or whatever, look me up, I'm always up to going.

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 29-Jun-2007 14:46Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
It's practically on the IL, WI border. Being near the lake and a big city like chicago I bet there's some fish stores in the area. Especially with the shedd aquarium to get people interested. Unfortunately I'm about 100miles too far away to know any of them.
Post InfoPosted 29-Jun-2007 17:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
REDPHANTOM
----------
Enthusiast
Taking life on an angle
Kudos: 46
Votes: 4
male costarica
Hey Jim,

God speed on the move...Isn't that the place where the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch is from?

Lucky you!

Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2007 02:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies