FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Off Topic
 L# The Recovery Room
  L# Mr. and Mrs. Hedgings (Hedgehogs)
   L# Pages: 1, 2
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMr. and Mrs. Hedgings (Hedgehogs)
REDPHANTOM
----------
Enthusiast
Taking life on an angle
Kudos: 46
Votes: 4
male costarica
Hi peeps,

Thanks again for your nice comments. These are very dear members of my family and are held in highest esteem.

To update on the state of Mrs. Koupa, seems like she was not pregnant. She did not grow plumper, nor did her nipples get enlarged.

So it was a false alarm, most likely the one ocation they had a chance was not enough to fertilize her.

In retrospect this is probably better since she was over the admisable age for reproduction in captivity. Things happen for a reason and we can only roll with the shift of the tides.

Maybe I'll get a younger sow some time soon to carry on Mr. Hedges genes.

Nontheless, this situation provided a chance to upgrade their living standards and they will soon be moved out of those horrid pens and into their own suite which Im still sorting on how to decorate.

For now Im guessing some sandy substrate with some hideout structures and some live plants. If you have any suggestions they are more than welcome.

Id like to run a small trickling stream through their new habitat, but would not like the risk of them drowning or catching a fungal infection due to humidity. Any takes on this last bit?

Anyway, thanks for all the support and when I get my hands on a camera I will post pics again of their new habitat.

All the best,

James

Post InfoPosted 21-Oct-2007 01:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Maybe for the running water, a small desktop fountain that looks like a natural waterfall would fit the bill? Good luck, post pictures when it's done!

><>
Post InfoPosted 21-Oct-2007 05:36Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

Great idea superlion! Sounds easy to me, except he will have to slip the cord into something like metal tubing, or bury it, so he doesn't end up with fried hedgehogs.

Sorry for no babies red, but looking forward to the rehousing pics..
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2007 19:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies