Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeOne Forthe Gamers
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
well aiming for pc gamers, but anyone who plays is ok of course...

But i've been following this guy for a while in development. and well now its out.
http://www.ea.com/crysis/home.jsp

this game is KILLER. my system isnt even near the minimum, but it plays, graphics are crazy mad even on lowest settings. only problem i have is sound is choppy.. again, under minimum lol... the ai.... man its sick smart. highly recommended.

and if you'v ever played far cry and enjoyed it... even better

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 16-Nov-2007 04:40Profile PM Edit Report 
poisonwaffle

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 591
male usa
I played the pre-release demo a few weeks ago... WOW... just WOW!

My system is above the minimum requirements, but I can still only barely play it (~20fps tops) on minimum settings. I'm running it on an overclocked nVidia Quadro NVS 110/GeForce 7300.

The faces/facial expressions and interactive/destructable environment is what gets me the most... it's all so real! And they're coming out with a force-feedback-enabled virtual reality suit+headset for this game! I'm concerned that stupid people will confuse reality with non-reality and start strangling people on the street!

I'm building an all-out gaming computer in a few months (waiting for nVidia to release the 8950GX2), mainly for Crysis. I'm doing 8 CPU and 8 GPU cores (quad-dual GPU's, dual-quad CPU's). I'm also going to get the virtual reality suit/headset... it is also supported by Valve's Source engine, which I use for game design
Post InfoPosted 16-Nov-2007 06:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
Eh, not my cup of tea, but I have heard largely positive things about implementation.
Post InfoPosted 16-Nov-2007 11:28Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Absolutely hanging out for this! The guys have the demo at the LAN tomorrow, it'll be the first install of the day methinks

I love the idea of the whole thing being so interactive, and the weather effects look awesome! I mean, you throw a barrel in real life, things happen to it, and it stays put.

I am a wee bit worried though. In real life I'm a bit of a weakling, and with thing being so real, well... I reckon I'll be having my backside handed to me on a very regular basis!

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 16-Nov-2007 17:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
thats why i dont play multi-player onlines lol... the story line on this so far is very nice. i just mainly love the basic idea, your here, now get there, with no set path. not like doom, or HL. totally free roaming of the island.

i hear ya waffle... new system is on my plate right now. and when i do, i'm not using anything of what i have now. will be a total new build. thinking about replacing both my monitors too... dang, i love dual screen... cant game with it (yet), but its nice

Post InfoPosted 16-Nov-2007 23:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
"the story line on this so far is very nice. i just mainly love the basic idea, your here, now get there, with no set path. not like doom, or HL. totally free roaming of the island."

Haha, I know what you mean. Some storylines just stink. Gears of War? Subterranean monsters randomly rising from the earth wielding guns and various other weaponry to annihilate humanity...wait, what? If it didn't play so interestingly, I would have dropped that crap like it was hot.
Post InfoPosted 16-Nov-2007 23:27Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
never played gears.... since i've been gaming... all i've stuck with was Starcraft... then the HL series... farcry, prey, fear, painkiller, GTA SA, and doom 3. and so far i've enjoyed them all... top games... gotta be HL for the plot, and farcry and well no crysis for its freeplay on the maps.

Post InfoPosted 17-Nov-2007 06:32Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
just beat it.... so its kinda short.

Post InfoPosted 18-Nov-2007 17:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
poisonwaffle

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 591
male usa
Other than short, how was it?

Did you play the full game or just the demo, btw?
Post InfoPosted 19-Nov-2007 02:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
full game, i only demo games i'm not sure about.

highly recommended... if your system can handle it

i'm playing it on the hardest level now. and with the difficulty levels, its not only harder, it changes the game. now on the hardest level, the enemy speaks korean threw the entire game.

Post InfoPosted 19-Nov-2007 14:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
rabbit
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 461
Votes: 7
male australia
Only game i play on PC is WoW, best game IMO.
Post InfoPosted 20-Nov-2007 16:57Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies