male usa us-ohio
WARNING: SPOILERS

If you saw it, what did you think? My opinion is: it was good, could have been better, however, I would definately see it again.

[rant]First, for all you hardcore spidy fans, drop the didn't-follow-the-comics crap. No, it didn't follow the comics closely enough, so instead of crying about it, why don't you go make your own movie that covers DECADES of history and fits into a 2.5 hour span (and remember, too long can be bad!!) without confusing people AND breaks box-office records. I'm sorry, but I'm tied of all the stupid complaining!![/rant]

Ok, on to my take, first, emo Peter was just wrong!! Heres what I think the makers were thinking, lets make the symbiote give Peter super confidence, but have him show it in the WRONG way. So they make Peter think hes cool; OK. They make Peter make a fool of himself; OK. They make him do that however, make him look emo; NOT OK. If he was going to be emo, he should have acted the way he was in the Jazz club (up until he hit MJ, at which point the whole theater, including myself, go, "ooohhhhhh" as in; you're in trouble now). Otherwise, he could have just been a Jerk with misplaced confidence. I think the way he acted at Harry house was perfect. A jerk with no remorse (as show with slinging the bomb back at Harry).

Harry, after his first fight with Peter (as Golbin II), I felt for him. I actually grew attached to the nice, kind Harry. Even as a guy, I'll saw he had a nice smile and a kind appearance to him. When MJ was with him, they had a chemistry. However, when he a Peter fought in his house, I don't know who I was really rooting for. The movie built Peter as a bad guy and Harry as a good guy. I don't know how I feel about this toward the movie, but this is how I felt about it. Then the Golbin/Spidy duo, WOW. I felt like they had chemistry as friends again. When he made the sword things come out of his flyer, I knew he was going to die (Ironic the both he and his father die the same way, as Goblins being impailed by their own flyer). I felt bad for him.

As for Vemon, I really like how they made him. They REALLY built him up well!

Sandman was cool as well. Only complaint with him was the whole, "Lets put a Genetics testing facility in the middle of New York City! And we'll just put a fence around it, no other security measures! And no cameras to watch us take apart sand and then put it back together! Thats right, we're spending millions of tax payer dollars to take apart... SAND!!!"

Wow... sounds like I really hated the movie... but other than that, I loved it!! I'd see it again for sure. Grade wise, I'd give it a A- or B+ (I was told by a coworker that they played the original spider man theme during the "Thank you spider man" parade part thing, which I missed, however, if true, then I bump it to A- for putting in original theme, just like Transformers BETTER do).
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2007 20:34Profile PM Edit Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
EditedEdited by aaronfry
My first reaction was that I did not like it very much. After a weekend of refereeing to anything and everything that could some how be considered to be gross as Osbornd I have grown to like it more. I did like it More than the first one but less than the second one. Venom was phenomenal. If you didnt have reservations about Topher Grace as Eddie Brock then you missed the boat on the Hard Luck tough guy that he was. That said he did a good job. I just wished they would have refered to WE when Eddie was referring to the Suite and himself. Also I hoped you caught the Eddies Skeleton right before the symbiot and him were incinerated. Looked a lot like Carnage. The Jazz Club was a great scene didn’t belong in this Movie, maybe the next Mel Brook film. All in all B+

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2007 22:13Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
EditedEdited by monkeyboy
one thing i've learned from watching any of the comics to movies is the following. they will never truely follow the comics or cartoons or whatever their original form of media is. so if you are one of the die hard comic or cartoon fans you have to watch them with the point of view of someone whos never seen nor heard of them.

so any of the movies you see, be it spider-man, x-men or any other series, or even the upcoming transformers movie (title NEEDS to be changed), will never be truely accurate, no matter how they try. theres to many years of comics, and cartoons behind them to try to cram all of it into 2 hour movies

I myself am a die hard transformer fan. i beleive they should have their forms from the original series. but as i have come to accept, change will happen no matter what, be it the times (IE, megatron being change from a gun to whatever he is now), or just the fact of the new writers or producers ideas.

as far as spider-man 3. character casting good, venom TO SHORT. but thats all i'm saying on that. but it was such a huge disappointment on many many grounds and could have done alot better.

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2007 22:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
ok, to nit pick from comic to movie, heres what I got:

Yes, venom should say WE, and Eddie should be a muscular guy to start with. Did venom ever really die?

Harry doesn't die like that in the comics, nor to my knowledge did he ever team up with spidey in a, "Hey, remember when we were best friends? Lets do that again."

As for the carnage hint, I doutb they'd touch it. First, carnage is the offspring of Venom, and venom is now dead. Second spidey CANNOT beat carnage alone. Who is going to use to help him? Doc Oct is out (dead), Golbin II is out (dead), Venom is out (dead).

Again, why they don't follow the comics closely, they CANNOT bring Carnage in without reviving someone (general audience wouldn't take it), introducing a new enemy/friend (movie would be too long for them to still acurately portray carnage), or having carnage kill spider-man (general audience would openly accept option 1 before even contemplating this one).

Think about it, while Venom held a sharp, metal, lethal pole to peter's neck, carnage would just change his hand into a knife and slice peter's head off before even saying a word.
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2007 22:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fishmonster
----------
Big Fish
Oh My Heck!
Kudos: 88
Votes: 73
male usa
I agree Spidey 3 was good but could have been better, Venom should not have died, how are we going to carry on the spidey series now? Also Carnage in not sure about I will have to watch it again.

Transformers?? Well thats a whole different ball game. First of all I am freaking out that they have the origional voice for Optimus. Also If you remeber the true G1 series when megatron was changed into Galvertron, he wasnt a real gun any more he was a cannon on sorts. He is now a Jet Aircraft which is still decepticon as is starscream. The new look of the transformers i think looks good. It has a lot riding on it so we will have to see as they are holding alot back in the trailers this time. I still think bumblebee should have stayed a bug, but i can handle a Chevy Camero. I just want to see some Autobot kick so Decepticon Booty!!

Any opinions on the new Fantastic 4? or Pirates?

Thanks for your input as always, Shane
http://thetanklog.blogspot.com/ - [ Thanks to ScottF ]
http://www.natureaquariumclubofutah.com/main.html
Post InfoPosted 10-May-2007 01:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
Venom is almost certainly not dead. Also, per usual, Toby does not bring the best out of Peter Parker. Topher Grace was a suprisingly good Venom, regardless of his skinny, skinny build, and he took the character in a different direction than he'd been in the comics, which I much enjoyed. There was a little too much undue melodrama, however, and not enough kick-butt, but overall, one of the better Spidey movies (best?).
Post InfoPosted 10-May-2007 06:19Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
Fantastic 4: I was big fan of the Silver Surfer comic book as a kid so it will be interesting to see him as a villain. That series of comics was before me. The special effects I am sure will be visually stunning as they were in the Spidey 3. I just hope that it is done better than that crappy cartoon they put out a while ago and Laurence Fishburne as the voice I don’t know about that one. Are they trying to make Jessica Alba look more like the Holly Barry Storm or is it just me?

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 10-May-2007 16:08Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies