SubscribeTransformers is Awesome
fishmonster
----------
Big Fish
Oh My Heck!
Kudos: 88
Votes: 73
male usa
Well I went to see Transformers tonight. All i can say is the movie was killer, i rellay enjoyed the movie. Its a awesome geek flick.

I grew up on that and I thought it was really close to the G1 series of robots. There was 1 piece i didnt like in the movie but i cant say at this point as it would ruin it. Overall it was a good representation to the Transformers and their legacy!

Thanks for your input as always, Shane
http://thetanklog.blogspot.com/ - [ Thanks to ScottF ]
http://www.natureaquariumclubofutah.com/main.html
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2007 07:16Profile PM Edit Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
I thought that it came out on the 4th. Being a child of the 80s I too was more than excited when then first movie came. Orsen Wells and Leonard Nimoy, what a cast and finally after 20 years of waiting it has returned. I am just glad to see that at least some body liked and that is more than enough reason to go.
Its a awesome geek flick

Its not like that. I think every one can find enjoyment in reliving their child hood. But i am geek. I just defending those who are not willing to except it.

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2007 18:30Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
fishmonster
----------
Big Fish
Oh My Heck!
male usa
Well they changed the date to release on the 3rd. I was able to get to see it the day before at 8pm. Remember how they have midnight showings? Well now they have started having them at 8pm instead.

I meant that it will appeal to the inner geek in all of us. I grew up on transformers, HE-MAN & Thundercats. I have been waiting for this movie for 2 years since i heard it was going to be made.

Yes Transformers the movie was awesome and they have returned with some imfamous quotes in the show hehe. I loved the movie it was intense.

Post InfoPosted 04-Jul-2007 01:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lil Fishee
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 11
Votes: 6
male usa
I too grew up in the transformers era and finally got to see the movie last night. I was truely impressed, the graphics were great and the storyline wasn't bad either. Two thumbs up

fishmonster I had completely forgotten about the Thundercats, what a great cartoon that was.
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 18:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
FANTASTIC

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 18:50Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
katieb
-----
Fish Addict
Votes: 69
female usa
It was so awesome

I'll do graffiti,
If you sing to me in French.
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 20:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
EditedEdited by monkeyboy
i also grew up on them. heck i still collect them. but heres my 2 cents... to much people, not enough transformers. specially not enough deceptions, well i should say not enough of the classic favorite deceptions, aka megatron, and starscream. and should have worked in others, like soundwave and his crew instead of frenzy

i do now understand why some things didnt change... ie megatron being a gun. and a few other things.

but as far as redoing classics. 4 out of 5 stars.

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 23:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fishmonster
----------
Big Fish
Oh My Heck!
male usa
I must admit, there wasnt enough starscream and megatron. Also tho i dont think they did the transform sound enough hehe. Also I think the depicted Devastator in the wrong light. He was the ultimate constructacon and not a single transformer. However the way Prime killed him was awesome. Sword much better than his gun hehehe

Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 23:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
The style was not geeky. It was action flick. The constant hand-held and close up camera work was nauseating and I had to close my eyes in a few places to stop my head spinning. It was a crying shame, because if they'd just backed up a little, you would have been able to see more detail and get a better idea of what was going on. As it was, it was supremely blurry and almost constantly focussed on someone's torso.

It was fun though

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2007 03:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
EditedEdited by monkeyboy
Indeed, Devastator IMO was one of the greatest transformers made. If anything, they should have stuck with the original concept of 6 vehicles forming one. But just made them smaller some how and still had Prime take him out.

As far as the transforming sound, should have been a bit louder, it waw to low.

Honestly, I'm thinking their plannign a sequal. Just curious to what its going to be about and how many years from now they will do it.

Also, anybody catch Primes signature quotes that he said in the original movie? And I'll admit this, the one thing they nailed perfectly, was being smart and keeping Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime. That made me feel all good inside. Even tho, he should have had the face plate all the time, a little weird not seeing that on.

Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2007 23:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fishmonster
----------
Big Fish
Oh My Heck!
male usa
LMAO,

I totally agree about the faceplate. Yes they are making two more sequels the rumor has it. I soo want them to bring the dinobots. hehehe

Post InfoPosted 11-Jul-2007 06:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
I agree, Megatron/Starscream interaction was WAY too low. That would be my only negative.

As for the original tranforming sound, it was perfect. They tried to make them realistic. You can't have this giant robot/car thing and it makes that sound (instead of a realistic metal-moving sound). I think how they put it in there was perfect.

[SPOILER WARNING]

POOR JAZZ!!! Does all this fighting then all of a sudden Megatron just comes and rips him in half (even though it was kinda funny what Megatron said to Jazz). You have to admit though, if you're going to die, might as well die losing an unfair fight.
Post InfoPosted 11-Jul-2007 14:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
3 total? nice. I agree dinobots would be nice. but this is where it becomes difficult. out of all of those great characters, which ones to use? and then what to update them into.

ones i'd want to see... metroplex or maybe Omega Supreme, constructicons, and jetfire. And one i REALLY want is soundwave (with laserbeak and ravage).

And well i guess they could do galvatron or maybe unicron in the next ones. just have to wait and see

Post InfoPosted 11-Jul-2007 17:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies