SubscribeWhat Happened To This Place
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
Here's my undue two cents, but whatever;

This is a fine community, but it is, at it's most basic, a site for new aquarists (and it's fine for that--someone mentioned quite aptly that incorrect basic fishkeeping assertions are quickly shut down here). However, with newer aquarists, only one of two things can happen; they either advance in their respective standing in the hobby and invariably search for resources catering to a more narrow field of interest (piranha-fury, planetcatfish, cichlid-forum, etc.), or they just stop caring and lean away from fishkeeping in general.

Also this theme is more novel than others. There is nothing wrong with it.
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2007 10:01Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Or they learn what they need to know and only pop back if they have a problem, which I think happens quite often.

so engrossed in their fish(es) of interest that they actually begin to forget information that doesn't directly pertain to what they like

Oh so there! There is only so much info the mind can retain if it isn't constantly being accessed and refreshed. My mind anyway, I could do with a better filing system

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2007 14:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies