L# Green Water
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGreen Water
RLHam3
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
hey i've got a 6in oscar in a 30 gal (i know he needs a bigger aquarium sson) and i left him with my dad for a week. when i got back the tanks water was so green cloudy that i could barely see the back. i guess its an algae bloom. i just put some "No More Algae" in the water. how long should the water take to clean up and what else could or should i do?
Post InfoPosted 03-Jun-2008 00:47Profile PM Edit Report 
amilner
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 654
Votes: 0
male uk
Partial water change pretty quick. Don't feed for a few days and then gradually build up foods to 'normal'. I'd consider a tank upgrade pretty soon too by the way.
Post InfoPosted 03-Jun-2008 00:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
WC as soon as you can you don't need to vacume the rocks right now if you just did it, 30% wc should be enough.... if you have lights cut back the run time to 8 hrs.....you need test the water to make sure nitrates are not to high from all the dying algea. and than do another water change in a day or two without vacuming the gravel

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 03-Jun-2008 20:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies