SubscribeSeachem Stability
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Has anyone used this product for 'emergency' cycling on a fully stocked (not overstocked) tank?

How effective is it or should I be expecting it to increase the level of the spikes?

Are the doses adequate for this usage?

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 08-Sep-2007 08:34Profile PM Edit Report 
Aqua_D
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 28
Votes: 1
male usa
I've read good reports of it's usage, but as of yet have not ever used it. From what I understand it's use should be looked at along the lines of bio-spira. It works but may not provide a full cycle on a fully stocked tank. Even on a lightly stocked tank nitrite readings have been reported.

This is the exact reason why I always run a spare sponge filter or 2 in my tanks.

Present: L183, L114, L330, LDA33, L059, L340, L136, L399, Clown, Whip Tail

Past: L001, L239, L200, L134, L030, L110, L204, L260, LDA08, L226, Ancistrs sp3 albino as well as calico, L187 (sp2), Common Hypostomus punctatus
Post InfoPosted 19-Sep-2007 17:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Ta AquaD

I did get nitrite readings, but barely readable, and give it was likely fighting an uphill battle at the time I must say I'm impressed. It was only a mini-cycle in a lightly stocked tank, so I altered the dosage somewhat and just kept minotoring and bingo, perfect within 4 days. Beats the pants off most of the others I've tried, but *cough* it'd want to for the price I guess.

Glad to hear you'd put it on a par with BioSpira, as we can't get that over here and I've always wondered what an 'instant' cycle was like

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 19-Sep-2007 20:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
So_Very_Sneaky
---------------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2272
Votes: 201
female canada
Hi Calla,
My whole aquarium club swears by this stuff. Every single member has big 4 litre jugs of the stuff, except me.
I havent used it, but I have no new tanks setting up.
Most of my aquarium club members dose it at every water change, and the club president recently cycled a 135g tank using only this and a few small fish. He claims it was effective and worked. As I myself havent used it I cant say one way or anything.
Just wanted to share that in case it helps you.

Come Play Yahtzee With Me!
http://games.atari.com
Http://www.myleague.com/yahtgames
Post InfoPosted 19-Sep-2007 20:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Thanks! I'm feeling pretty good about the stuff and it is great to know it isn't a fluke.

Post InfoPosted 20-Sep-2007 03:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies