Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWater conditioners
desertfish
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 7
Votes: 6
male usa
I just remembered I did use clarify once. I wasn't sold on it. Then I made the mistake of using it while my filter had carbon in it. Overnight my tank went from clear to black. Unfortunately I lost a few fish, but thankfully my Gourami survived, I don't think I could kill that fish if I tried.
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 10:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Hooben

-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 219
male usa us-texas
EditedEdited by Hooben

After I forgot to use aquasafe, I realized that nothing happened to my fish. After that, I don't use any water conditioner for 20 percent water changes in a 75 gallon tank. The local water supply does contain chlorine, obviously not enough to hurt the fish. Of course anything more than 20 percent might be problematic.

Post InfoPosted 26-Dec-2007 08:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
lochness&ruby
---------------
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 9
female usa
years ago I used to use a plain dechlorinator and then stress coat - but when i jumped back into the hobby 2 yrs ago I was advised to use Prime and have done so ever since.

for those that use stress coat, amazon.com has a gallon on sale for $24

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Pharmaceuticals-Stress-Water-Conditioner/dp/B000255N00/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1198812481&sr=8-3

Post InfoPosted 28-Dec-2007 05:32Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
EvilE
-----
Fingerling
Votes: 0
male usa
^^ Good price!
Post InfoPosted 28-Dec-2007 06:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bassplaya
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 5
canada
i use aqua plus it works great and its very cheap
Post InfoPosted 28-Dec-2007 19:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
AquaClear_Fan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 25
EditedEdited by Aquaclear_fan
I highly recomend prime to anyone, it detoxifies heavy metals, helps give fish a better protective slime coating, it also turns ammonia, nitites and nitrates into a nontoxic form. This way your fish wont suffer from them at the same time allowing your bacteria in your tank to multiply and still do there job because prime does not really remove Ammonia, nitrites and nitrates all together, this is the best way to do it. I have heard that some conditioners totally remove amonia and nitrites, but this may not be true, although I have heard this from some people. Prime is one conditioner that will keep your fish safe and allow your tank to cycle properly at the same time because of it's unique formula. There maybe other conditioners out there that do close to the same thing in the same way but Seachem's prime is the best working and most complete conditioner I know of.

I use 4 drops per gallon of water. Prime covers all the bases.

17 years experience with freshwater.
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2008 01:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fishsage
-----
Hobbyist
Tank You Daddy.
Kudos: 53
Votes: 16
male canada
Tetra Aquasafe... But looked closely at Prime last time in LFS

55G -5x Bosemani, 3x Emerald Cory,3x Red Rainbow, 3x Turquoise Rainbow. 20G-Empty. 10G -4x Danio 3x Cory Fry 1 Gold Mystery Snail. 10G- 1x CAE, 2x Tetra 1x ADF
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2008 04:10Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
How exactly to others totally remove ammonia and nitrite? Which ones claim to do this?

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 05-Jan-2008 05:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
AquaClear_Fan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 25
EditedEdited by Aquaclear_Fan
Hi Callatya, I had to change my post on conditioners a little bit, I have heard by some so called pros in the industry that certain conditioners do remove all of Amonia and nitites completelly. My apollogies for not at leaste stateing that this is a theory that was floating around widely at one time, maybe they have changed some of the formulas since then too, I dont know about that and maybe what I read on that which I thought was true actually isn't.

One thing I can say about prime, is that it is a much more complete conditioner as it also detoxifies nitrates so using it would be like having 0 Amonia, 0 Nitrites and 0 Nitrates as it detoxifies all three. This is a big plus, of course you still have to do your regularly schedualed water changes. But this producted will makes your water safer than other products of it's kind will.

Another thing I like about prime is a very little will go a long way. I wrote to seachem and they told me 2 drops per gallon will do it.. This stuff goes a long way, not only do you get a great complete product but in the long run because it takes so little of it to work you are going to save a lot of money using it.

17 years experience with freshwater.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2008 04:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
EvilE
-----
Fingerling
Votes: 0
male usa
I am gonna use up my amquel+ and Novaqua, and then use Prime exclusively.
Post InfoPosted 18-Jan-2008 03:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies