SubscribeRtbs,Rs
Bubblebrain
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 39
Votes: 22
male australia
EditedEdited by bubblebrain
if i say, put a red tailed black shark or a rainbow shark in with yellow labs, a peacock cichlid and a o. lithobates, would it work? i would ,love to get a synondonis but they are very expensive, at leas where i look.

http://www.livefish.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_31&products_id=467

http://www.livefish.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_31&products_id=471

think ive seen them at a lfs but they were still $70+ for a multipunctatus.
edit:finally got the links to work after three attempts, firstly the links were only half highlited and said this product could not be found, secondly the links went to a page on fishprofiles.com that did not exist, then they worked. this is the first time this has happened to me. wow that was a long edit. probably because im bored..............on christmas

hi
woot woot woot woot woot woot
Post InfoPosted 25-Dec-2007 13:59Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I think you will have to make a choice between the RTBS and the RS, as I think the RTBS would be too aggressive for the RS. Now saying that I have no idea how the RTBS will react with the other fish as when the RTBS gets bigger and older it will become very possessive of its areas and at feeding time.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2007 04:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gone_Troppo

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 196
australia au-northernterritory
Sorry to spoil your plans, but I would not recommend either with your current setup. They are incompatible as far as basic water chemistry requirements.

Your current stock are Africans that prefer a relatively high pH and hardness. Both of the sharks you mentioned are Asian in origin and prefer slightly softer and more acidic conditions. While the sharks may be able to hold their own in the tank temperament-wise, you will not be able to provide water conditions in a single tank that are optimal to both your current fish and the sharks.

Keep looking for species that will work with your current stock, they may be a bit more expensive, but IMO definitely worth paying a little extra for something that is compatible with your other stock and is more likely to thrive in the same conditions.

G_T

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2007 04:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Bubblebrain
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 39
Votes: 22
male australia
well i havnt actually got those fish, thats just what i plan to get. dont think ill bother gettin either. the only fish that are in the tank at the moment are a bristlenose catfish and a golden chinese alge eater so there are no cichlids but the ph is over 7.6 (highest my ph test kit goes, have got a high range test kit on order) and they are looking healthy.

might get a rtbs in a seperate tank when my ponds finished and the fish that are in that tank can go outside. i once had one a few years ago and even though it was aggressive towards lots of other fish i loved it. he looked so cool and it had a white tip on its dorsal fin. thats why i want another one.

hi
woot woot woot woot woot woot
Post InfoPosted 05-Jan-2008 10:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies