Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Cichlid Kid, I think the Anubias in keith's picture is actually a single plant, or maybe two plants. Because it is the Anubias nana type, its leaves are smaller than the more common Anubias barteri, and is overall a much better plant for smaller aquariums (it's like a dwarf Anubias). Anubias have a horizontal stem-like structure called a rhizome. If your Anubias is big enough you can cut the rhizome in half.

Mez, not everyone can afford 20 Danio margaritatus, haha. The only time I've seen them sold locally, to buy that many I would've had to spend $120!

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 19-Jan-2009 21:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
ok so when my plant reaches nearly 8 inches would that be good time to split the rhizome?
Post InfoPosted 20-Jan-2009 00:46Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
CK
This is not a topic about my Anubias ask it in "Planted Aquaria".

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 20-Jan-2009 01:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 20-Jan-2009 03:07
This post has been deleted
chips
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 1
canada
Update - 5 black neons, 5 peppered corys, 1 blue/red betta (I went for the betta after all.)

Everyone's getting along great. Feeding Omega tropical flakes twice daily + sinking pellets for the corys, and supplementing with frozen bloodworms a couple times a week.

I might eventually get 2-3 more black neons and 2-3 more of the same corys, but that'll do it.

Unless anyone has a suggestion for a single "other" fish, but now I've got to beware of fin nippers.
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2009 03:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies