Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBest tank for ghost shrimp
desiredusername
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 99
Votes: 36
male australia
I am about to get some ghost shrimp to put in with my betta, and also want to start a ghost shrimp only tank. This tank will probably have stacks of java moss, sand substrate, maybe duckweed, and a heater. The tank will be around 4g. The tank will also have high light.

Anything i should change about this set up?
Also, how many can i put in each bowl?
Post InfoPosted 21-Feb-2008 11:55Profile PM Edit Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
Well for one betta plus ghost shrimp equals food. So you will probably run out of shrimp after a while. As for the ghost shrimp only tank. for that you dont really want high light as all that will do is cause them to mostly hide. So it might be better to go with low to medium light. What type of filter are you planning on using? also GS have a extremely low bio-load so you can put a few in there.

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 24-Feb-2008 06:09Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
desiredusername
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 99
Votes: 36
male australia
Jim, i wasnt planning on using a filter at all, but would have lots of plants which would soak up some nitrates, and weekly water changes.
How many shrimp per gallon in shrimp only tanks?
Also, can liquid ferts be dpsed with shrimp?
Post InfoPosted 24-Feb-2008 10:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
pizpot
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 82
Votes: 1
male canada
Ghost shimp are fast, and guppies and dwarf gouramies don't eat them in my opinion, but don't blame me ;-) Especially if they have moss to hide in. I was lucky to find a store that will sell me ones loaded with eggs for just a little bit more $. Then, any babies that are born and live in your water, will really live. I had some go about 1 1/2 years. Gotta warn you, they are easy to kill. But they are entertaining. Mine swam with the guppies and at feeding time, fed off the surface.
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2008 03:42Profile ICQ PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies