L# Cherry Shrimp
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCherry Shrimp
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
So i just got in two orders of 30 Cherry Shrimp (two sources)... I want them to breed so i can sell themonline as well as sell them to the LFS. How long until these little juvie buggers are reproducing off the yinyang, and what are best tank specs... also are there any water additives they might like for breeding purposes... any success with them... i got lots of plants for them to be on... in a 15g tank with 5 platties (can be moved if they will prey on the shrimpsters) currently they are pretty clear and not much color, but should color up soon as they were just acclimated and also they are juvies... i was thinking it would take them between two and three months to rapidly reproduce...

Thanks!
-Brandon

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 24-Apr-2008 08:12Profile PM Edit Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
Kudos: 2117
Votes: 359
male canada ca-ontario
Heya !

I haven't bred them before but kept them before and know a few breeders. Move the fish out, they will eat the baby shrimp. Moss and plants are good. Whether you need to add anything to your water depends on your ph and gh. Calcium is usually what people add, (crushed cuttlebone in the filter but are different things you could use) also check into Kent's Marine Iodine. A couple thoughts to start you off, good luck in your new venture

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2008 15:01Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
thanks! i will move teh fish out rather soon becuase i want me some more shrimpies! after about two days of acclimateion most of the shrimp clored up nicely and now most (except the males) are nice and red... they should be carrying eggs soon as i red the color has to do with their ability to reproduce (?). the platies will be out by the end of the week or next week. they shrimp are very happy with their enviroment and are doing rather well...

thanks,
Brandon

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 01-May-2008 01:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
You don't have to add or do anything. Cherries are very easy to breed & from 20 mixed Cherry shrimps, i've got more than 150 in 6 months.

I keep mine on a sandy substrate & lots of Java moss. I also have some Almond leaves & a small piece of bogwood. They are in a 20 Litre tank & i use a sponge filter, so they'll be safe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 02-May-2008 21:55Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies