Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCherry Shrimp?
Barb Boy
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 17
Votes: 1
male canada
I have a 25 gallon aquarium that is well planted. It also has a few good hiding spots. I do a water change ounce a week. For fish, I have 6 rosy barbs, 11 zebra danios and 1 bristlnose pleco. I was wondering if I could get 2 or 3 cherry shrimp. I have a lot of algea and my fish are pretty peaceful.
Post InfoPosted 24-Oct-2007 00:44Profile PM Edit Report 
Krunchy
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 23
male usa
as peaceful as your fish are... they will still probably stress teh shrimp out to the point where the shrimp either a. die or b. never come out... shrimp = food to fish in the wild and cherrys have no means of defence except to run... if you want an invert to house with your fish try the 25 cent feeder shrimp (ghost shrimp) they both have a means of defense against small fish and are much less shy around them. there is also a shrimp you can find several places online called a sand shrimp/ white pearl shrimp... but this will require a sand bottom to be really happy... whatever you choose be careful.... inverts are addictive!
Post InfoPosted 24-Oct-2007 06:30Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
clownloachfan
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 850
Votes: 115
male usa us-pennsylvania
EditedEdited by clownloachfan
I would say no. I think the barbs would constantly harass them. Here are a helpful website for shrimp-
http://www.planetinverts.com
Post InfoPosted 24-Oct-2007 06:50Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies