Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCrabs
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
any ideas on how to do a crab setup. i know they need areas out of water. just any ideas on how to set this up? how much land do they need? how much water? should it be brackish? thanks!

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2008 06:10Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
What species of crab were you thinking about? Some are fully aquatic, some are land, some are brackish, salt, fresh, etc

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2008 06:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
i have also wondered this too sora, i am nterested to see how this comes out (i have been looking at fiddler crabs at the LFS)... any suggestions by a more knowlegeable member?

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2008 06:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
well a fully aquatic crab would be nice. as long as it was freshwater. I cant remember the name of the crabs i saw at the LFS. but they did need land. they had one big white claw. sorry that probably doesnt help much

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 20-Feb-2008 04:12Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Ethan14
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 339
Votes: 18
male usa
Sounds to me like a fiddler crab. They are the most common as well. Here is a care sheet that will tell you everything you need to know to get started with them:

http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/rarespecies/a/fiddlercrabs.htm
Post InfoPosted 20-Feb-2008 09:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies