Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGreat Tiger Shrimp Hunt 2007
lysaer
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 57
Votes: 2
male usa
I am trying to acquire Tiger Shrimps, such as seen here: http://azgardens.com/images/shrimp_Tiger%20Shrimp%2014.JPG
(image from azgardens.com Shrimp Factory page)

But the problem is that everybody seems to be out of stock! I've found one seller on aquabid, direct out of Singapore, who seems to have some available but I'm kind of wary of getting those.

Has anybody heard anything about this shortage? Is the species in danger? Or do you know anywhere I can find them?

Listen! Do you smell that?
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2007 20:05Profile PM Edit Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
Tiger shrimp just haven't been popular long enough yet. There aren't enough people breeding or importing them for the amount of demand. It's also harder to find shrimp over the winter and early spring than summer and fall. I suppose there are various reasons mostly to do with the cold weather that would prevent some people from breeding, importing, and shipping as many around the country. You'll see many more inverts and fish listed on aquabid in the coming months than over the winter.
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2007 20:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Ethan14
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 339
Votes: 18
male usa
Although this website doesn't have any in stock right now... they are really focused on shrimp and I would keep an eye on it as they might get some more in.

http://www.franksaquarium.com/freshwatershrimpfarm.htm
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2007 21:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies