Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMarbled Crayfish
jake7
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 3
male usa us-pennsylvania
aka the self cloning, a sexual one. Anyone have experience with these? I was thinking of getting one, putting it in a 20 gallon and letting it breed with itself to feed my juvenile oscar. I've asked my LFS to get some. The owner who is very serviceing said whenever his supplier gets them in he'll have some. I've had a electric blue crayfish before so I have some experience caring for crayfish. Any suggestions, tips, stories?
Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2011 00:46Profile PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
From what I read when I was researching having them myself, they feed on scraps ion the tank, but preferably vegetation. They also prefer heavily decorated tanks (driftwood, plants etc).
Here is a good link to check out: http://www.marbledcrayfish.com/cray-care

They don't suggest heavy planting, but from breeders and etc that I have talked to recommend having plants in the tank to supply some live plants for the crays to eat as well as a more natural environment.

never actually ended up getting any crays, but I hope you do!
GOOD LUCK!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 02-Nov-2011 01:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies