L# My little Macro
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMy little Macro
Gone_Troppo

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 196
australia au-northernterritory
I picked up this little guy up a few weeks ago and put him in my 10g tank. Hadn't seen him for a couple of weeks so I assumed that he had become fish food. Last night he reappeared.

I'm not certain of the species, but leaning towards juvenile Macrobrachium bullatum. At the moment he is a little under an inch in length but if I am correct on the ID I'd expect him to triple in size in the not too distant future and for his claws to bulk up a little more.

G_T

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Post InfoPosted 23-Nov-2008 04:21Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Fantastic macro considering his glassy look. When I bought my Cherry Red Shrimps they hid for at least one week

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 23-Nov-2008 04:32Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
He is BEAUTIFUL!

He does look very much like the M. bullatum pics on on Aquagreen, i'm very interested in how he's going to grow up

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 23-Nov-2008 04:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies